Newest Member
    joxey
March 12th - 13th The It's Not Coming Storm Part 2

Rjay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

Woke up at 5 am and still only had 1/2" on the ground, but it had dropped to 32F and was starting to accumulate better.  And since then that band of at least moderate snow has filled in nicely for about the eastern 2/3 of NNJ/CNJ down through Ocean and even for areas near Philly.  In the last 45 minutes we've gone from that slushy 1/2" we had to 1" on the colder surfaces and snow is starting to accumulate on paved surfaces (lightly traveled road in front of my house).  I'm sure 32F and night time have helped.  That band looks like it could easily have another inch in it, if it holds together (rotating in from the ocean and looks solid for 20+ miles to my east), so maybe I can make a run at my 2.5" forecast for my house and maybe the NWS can get to 2" in the locations it was predicting 2-3" for yesterday or more if we're lucky.  We'll see.

Dammit.  I go back to sleep for an hour and the band retreats on me after only 30 more minutes of the good stuff, as per the radar history.  We now have 1.5" of new snow on the ground (and just a coating on paved surfaces) and it's only snowing lightly. Need to get more intensity to make it to 2+" and not sure that's going to happen.  Moral of the story is never sleep while it's snowing, lol.  

43 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Timeouts are gonna come faster than this snow melts. Grow Up.

Oh and official measurements are done on a whiteboard, youre all wrong. ;)

Are you saying that the NWS doesn’t have an official government vehicle specifically for measuring snow on top of?

I was surprised to see 3.9” on my snowboard just now 

21 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Are you saying that the NWS doesn’t have an official government vehicle specifically for measuring snow on top of?

I was surprised to see 3.9” on my snowboard just now 

I have had 3 set up recently. One for proper measurements, and 2 for depth. One gets sun most of the day, the other averages a few hours of late afternoon sun. 

Had almost 2" on the proper one before i left a little while ago. 

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived