Newest Member
    joxey
March 12th - 13th The It's Not Coming Storm Part 2

Rjay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

I think this is just the models refocusing the main Low. Which doesn't discount the complexity of the system, but I don't think the models are quite as confused as he makes them out to be. Then again I'm not a met and don't know who this is. 

He is a pretty good met from the NE forum who has been calling for this type of correction all day- so admittedly , take this with some grain of salt. However, I have seen him do pretty well with other situations. 

At this point, H5 on the  0z Nam and 12z Euro have shown much more propensity for the n/s ULL to attempt to pull this back west. Phases look cleaner, and the potential is there for this to shift West. Unfortunately, it is strictly now casting time. We will see. 

1 minute ago, USCG RS said:

He is a pretty good met from the NE forum who has been calling for this type of correction all day- so admittedly , take this with some grain of salt. However, I have seen him do pretty well with other situations. 

At this point, H5 on the  0z Nam and 12z Euro have shown much more propensity for the n/s ULL to attempt to pull this back west. Phases look cleaner, and the potential is there for this to shift West. Unfortunately, it is strictly now casting time. We will see. 

Fair enough. I will also add however that those jumps were absent from the most recent NAM, at least at the surface. The 3k is still a veritable hot potato though.

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

Fair enough. I will also add however that those jumps were absent from the most recent NAM, at least at the surface. The 3k is still a veritable hot potato though.

It is a convection driven model, therefore, this is to be expected with dynamics such as these. 

1 minute ago, USCG RS said:

Cape Cod? Ha. @allgame830 Watch next couple of hours. We will see how it progresses. If I am wrong with my thoughts, I will eat crow. @Rjay Just cook it nicely? I like a good mid rare. B)

Ok far enough I think I can hold out for a couple hours... need to know if I should stay up for one of all busts in history or just go to bed for work.... lol

15 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Historically that is extremely unlikely to see that type of gradient setup.  I’ve seen a foot in Montauk and nothing in NYC or 3 inches but either the gradient will be more spread out or the amounts are too high across LI

Jan 2015 saw the east end of the Long Island receive close to 30 inches while NYC received 10 inches. If I recall correctly most of that snow for NYC was not even associated with the main batch of precip? Models today have steadily increased precipitation totals on the east end while we have stayed about the same. This is highlighted by the 12 KM Nam which has 2.5 inches liquid equv. touching the coast of eastern Long Island...

2 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

Ok far enough I think I can hold out for a couple hours... need to know if I should stay up for one of all busts in history or just go to bed for work.... lol

Honestly, I would make sure that you can get to work. Yes, I think this comes a bit west, however, never risk your employment- even if it were to look certain. Just my two cents. 

Edit- then again, in my profession- I work no matter what. 

1 minute ago, weatherlogix said:

the 2Z RAP is starting to really make this interesting....that thing is way west

Noticed that as well. Has trended west for 3 straight runs at least. The Hrrr has been jumping around run to run though.

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived