Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, #NoPoles said:

Let's see, things that I've snowblowed: the Boston globe newspaper on two different occasions. It's also not very smart trying to snowblow to the wood pile when there are random chunks and pieces of bark laying around. Yep, ive gone through a few shear pins...i even got the Boston globe so wedged into the auger and chute, that we had to have a guy come and take it apart just so we could get it unclogged. I'm pretty damn awesome!

Ever do a plastic tarp ? Those are a bugger to get out . 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

12.5 at 540’ in Southbury but I did not measure until about 5pm so I may have lost an inch or two early. 

I was actually thinking this as well. Both times that I measured(first time and then after board clearing) there was a good .25" of compacted slush. I am sure there was probabaly legit snow to measure prior to it turning to slush but I don't know what that would have been. Unless I was out there all night, staring at the board, the measurements for this storm are probabaly off.

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The ride home I had last night ranked up there with 12/13/07, absolutely blind. Those globes of snow where incredible thick and blinded me, wipers couldn't keep up. 4 inches in an hour and a half, of course Mitch had 18 in 3 hrs, geezus.

4 inches in 90 minutes works out to be 2.66/hr... A very heavy rate, but Mitch was getting 6”/hr rates. 

Despite the late game SE shift that is pretty expected on most of these storms (SVT literally stole my snow!, ha) this has still been a fun event.

A caked half a foot and its still snowing at home.  Surprising amount of QPF despite the models, 10:1 ratio but seems to have stacked up on just about everything.  Great snowman building snow.  Several days ago I remember posting I just wanted a good 6 and got that, so satisfied with the event.  Should tack on a bit more over the next 48 hours too.

Just got in from a walk with the dog, good flakes still falling steadily.  Got me up to ~95" on the season at home I think but have to check.  Only 20-25" from what I think of as being normal.

TWT4gHe.jpg

akJdm5c.jpg

D5v53hC.jpg

Archived