Newest Member
    joxey
March 7 Disc/Observations

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

It is legit. Pretty surprising. Temp is now 33 with heavy snow after being 44 2 hours ago. Sometimes dynamical cooling does actually work around here lol.

I suppose my forecast of "little or no accumulation" might get an update.

Believe it or not, but NAM 3km gives you 3-5" of snow from the whole event. It's been doing a great job so far in the run with precip changes and everything that I've seen. 

1 minute ago, T. August said:

One hundo-percent ra-ain. 40F. We’re in tip-top shape up in here. I’m thinking 12-18” by sunrise.

Yep, its frustrating here........I'd give it a bit of time. HRRR has us changing over by 10:15pm Weird to see areas further south of us picking up snow, but I think (hope) that is headed our way soon.

Just now, Mdecoy said:

Yep, its frustrating here........I'd give it a bit of time. HRRR has us changing over by 10:15pm Weird to see areas further south of us picking up snow, but I think (hope) that is headed our way soon.

Yeah I hope so. I never had a good feeling about this one. Still holding out hope for an inch or two

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

Believe it or not, but NAM 3km gives you 3-5" of snow from the whole event. It's been doing a great job so far in the run with precip changes and everything that I've seen. 

I had a feeling earlier, so I started watching the HRRR. Not that it is to be trusted much of the time lol, but run by run it was making the shift and increasing snow totals in this area. So far it appears to have caught on to something.

2 minutes ago, T. August said:

One hundo-percent ra-ain. 40F. We’re in tip-top shape up in here. I’m thinking 12-18” by sunrise.

Your area wasn't suppose to change for another hour or so according to high res guidance. It's coming. Your fun isn't until the morning anyway. Enjoy! I may be visiting Rising Sun area tomorrow at this rate. 

Interesting we're still basically white rain in McLean. Perhaps that band to the south could change that? Really glad other folks are getting a surprise out of this. 

No really.

I'm just here for the ride. Snow or not (or even top 10 NYC storm, god forbid that), I'm glad folks who were expecting white rain are getting some beautiful scenes out their window. Perhaps I may join in soon. If anything is certain, this storm has certainly been an interesting one. The radar is having a hard time keeping up!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived