Newest Member
    joxey
March 7 Disc/Observations

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MetalCapsFan said:

I don't see how it's differing significantly from the 12z Euro.  The NAM might of been too far west, but we knew that.

50 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Folks, you couldn’t pick a better hill to die on then the euro giving us a full on snow job with 12 hour leads. I’m on top of that hill, naked, ECMWF flag flying proudly waiting for my snow. If I die here, so be it.

I love you and the hill you’re on

52 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Folks, you couldn’t pick a better hill to die on then the euro giving us a full on snow job with 12 hour leads. I’m on top of that hill, naked, ECMWF flag flying proudly waiting for my snow. If I die here, so be it.

I'm with you, this is prime all nighter weather. If things go wrong and I have to come into work tomorrow looking blazed and confused than it is what it is

Been raining here for about an hour, but now mixing with big wet snowflakes. Temp down to 38 from 44 an hour or so ago. Some impressive radar returns moving in, so it will be interesting to see if the lower levels cool enough here to accumulate anything. HRRR seems to think so, but not sure I buy it.

1 minute ago, MD Snow said:

Latest hrrr is a swing and a miss for everyone with the CCB snows. Looks terrible. We've all seen it do this in the past only to bring it back at the last minute but it's not very encouraging. 

I'll feel a LOT better in an hour when the nam comes in and doesn't shift way east. But man...yea it's a total disaster. It's still shifting east every run. 

9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I'm patiently waiting to see this explosion north of precip that guidance had happening in the next hour....so far I only see it on a northeast trajectory. 

Breathe, friend. It will happen as it should. And stop looking at the hrrr

9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I'll feel a LOT better in an hour when the nam comes in and doesn't shift way east. But man...yea it's a total disaster. It's still shifting east every run. 

HRRR has the low more offshore now. Been shifting heavier precip more east the last few runs. I noticed earlier several of the models seemed to have multiple lows, and in some cases initially tucked in on onshore, then sudden shifting offshore. Maybe convective feedback? Seems there is still some uncertainty with the exact track of the developing coastal. I would still favor it being tucked in. Like you said, see what the NAMs have to say.

Maybe it's dumb to put so much stock in HRRR, but it's ticking east with each run and we lose the deform band tomorrow. Maybe it's wrong but is it too early to say bust? Euro might be about to get schooled.

It would also be a bit reassuring if it wasn't raining right now.

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

HRRR has the low more offshore now. Been shifting heavier precip more east the last few runs. I noticed earlier several of the models seemed to have multiple lows, and in some cases initially tucked in on onshore, then sudden shifting offshore. Maybe convective feedback? Seems there is still some uncertainty with the exact track of the developing coastal. I would still favor it being tucked in. Like you said, see what the NAMs have to say.

I have a bad feeling. The hrrr sucks so it's probably just being nervous. But being honest I have a bad feeling the 0z runs are gonna shift east after I finally let myself think it would snow lol. Would serve me right. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived