Newest Member
    joxey
March 7 Disc/Observations

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, mattie g said:

The NAM is absolute junk, which is why you can always count on it to throw weenies a bone.

12km NAM is junk. 3km NAM is much better and very much worthy of attention. 

Hoffman gonna be hugging it too. Gets the CCB rocking over his backyard. 

3km NAM looks nice for the WAA precip for all of central MD. Colder and heavier precip (which are linked in this setup). Conditions in the vertical column also look better for dendrite growth than I’ve seen yet for tonight’s round. Would be nice to get something rhis evening and then let chips fall for tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

I've got my eye on the ULL coming out of Canada.  It is trying to dive with a N to S tilt.  We just need the transfer 100 miles south of current projections to get the forum a little action before focusing on next week.

LOL only 100 miles in the next 24 hours for a little action?

4 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Im gonna :hug:this for now

Ha, that's what I was referring to earlier. 4-6 in the city, 6-8 just west, and then some 12-18 across the northeast tier. 10-1 and long range HRRR and HRRR, so, yeah.

I thought 3K wasn't that good for most. Seemed to have lighter rates over us and just threw the heavy returns way west. Even Philly and to some degree NYC seemed to see the heavy rates get pushed well to their west.

2 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Ha, that's what I was referring to earlier. 4-6 in the city, 6-8 just west, and then some 12-18 across the northeast tier. 10-1 and long range HRRR and HRRR, so, yeah.

I thought 3K wasn't that good for most. Seemed to have lighter rates over us and just threw the heavy returns way west. Even Philly and to some degree NYC seemed to see the heavy rates get pushed well to their west.

Look at H5.  It closes off inland and basically runs over NYC, that's part of the reason they dry slot and it pushed the ccb further west.

1 minute ago, peribonca said:

Will the WAA be  a mix in DC this evening or just plain rain?

It is my understanding that everyone starts as rain, even tonight isn't going to be that big of a deal. Its when the low gets cracking and the rates pickup, that it will change over. Although DC might be out of it by then, hope not!

2 minutes ago, Interstate said:

Do you ever think your hate towards other region might the karma that is screwing you?

no..weather will do what weather to do and my hate hasnt stopped any of those cities from having epic winters

33 minutes ago, Ji said:

i really hope NYC/philly/Boston etc get screwed

What do you think would happen if we went down in the MA thread and said we hope Richmond/DC/Balt etc gets screwed? Why would you do this? We have separate subforums for a reason, please take your negativity back to your own. Oops, wrong tab. Apologies, Ji.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived