Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
March 7 Disc/Observations

nj2va

4 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

Does the D.C. stuff accumulate with the first wave before the coastal develops on the 3km NAM?

Judging by the accumulation map and forecasted reflectivity, it looks like that's the case and then they get scraped briefly by the secondary enhancement before it pulls NE. This still looks like Baltimore on north kind of system. Some snow for areas in MoCo, but basically HoCo northeast is the target for more appreciable accumulations. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Still not half bad actually. Looks a little more realistic with expectations. In fact, this run is a carbon copy of what Mount Holly is forecasting for their CWA lol

5a9dff84d18af_snowfall0306183kmNAM0z.thumb.PNG.f082efd1c92796962123be94e041158a.PNG

I’d do cartwheels for 2.5” from this. 3k has also trended better with the WAA precip. Let’s hope it’s colder temps for tomorrow verify.

3 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

3K is a bit more east and it also seems to delay the development of the CCB a tad and also push it farther north and west, which is a bit odd since the low appears a bit more east. Maybe a hiccup, or maybe it's starting to fall in line with the GFS and Euro. Either way, it's essentially no accumulations for us with such light rates and that's got to be disappointing for the Philly area.

Elkridge is around 1-3" for you on the 3km. Maybe even 2-4". It's not a bad run at all really. About what you'd expect with a Miller B scrape for the area. Typical spots in the sub cash out with 4-8" in these setups, then bombs away over the PA line. 

Just now, WxUSAF said:

I’d do cartwheels for 2.5” from this. 3k has also trended better with the WAA precip. Let’s hope it’s colder temps for tomorrow verify.

That's a big one there. If they do, then your area could see a WWA during the morning updates. I'm trying to figure out where to chase Wednesday. I'm leaning Chester Co in PA. Easy escape using Rt 30

41 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

Na, Miller A all the way!

eta: Miller B systems are the big surprises!

bud, i think he's implying that miller b's are predictable because they usually suck for us (yes, that includes me as well...)

A's are fantastic and my preference, because while we can get screwed, there are less things to worry about like transfer/midlevels/and all the other stuff you likely know.  With A's we just need to define track.  Less variables. 

I love seeing the GFS and NAM3 have their sfc lows in basically the same location (GFS even a smidge west) at f36.   I'll toss the GFS precip field structure and thermals in a heartbeat (and do so with confidence) and go with the larger precip shield and colder solution of the NAM3.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived