Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 7 Disc/Observations

nj2va

3 minutes ago, WestminsterSnowCapitalMA said:

RGEM sides with the nam on these matters. not suprisingly. 

Not today really. RGEM much warmer and lighter on precip this evening but then really cranks the CCB (more like yesterday’s NAM) and pounds northern MD tomorrow morning.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

What do you think would happen if we went down in the MA thread and said we hope Richmond/DC/Balt etc gets screwed? Why would you do this? We have separate subforums for a reason, please take your negativity back to your own.

I'm confused. Aren't I in the MA subforum?

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I am mobile - can someone kindly post the NAM map so I can see how the area fared? Even though I acknowledge it is the NAM etc. etc. etc.

10:1 ratios, which won't happen. 

index.png

52 minutes ago, Amped said:

Okay so the I95 storm is now Gettysburg to Burlington?

Pretty big screwup by all models if that's right.

I was gonna post earlier about how the nws imo is missing what might happen further west in PA up. Saw trends last night that the upper low was going to be more energetic and phase in vs initially just play off each other. That's what I wanted a few days ago. Then the precip with the upper low develops and becomes part of the ccb with a much further west fully phased system. But it's happening a little too far north for D.C. to get crushed. But I'm starting to think central PA will get decent snow as the upper low and old primary pass across. 

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I was gonna post earlier about how the nws imo is missing what might happen further west in PA up. Saw trends last night that the upper low was going to be more energetic and phase in vs initially just play off each other. That's what I wanted a few days ago. Then the precip with the upper low develops and becomes part of the ccb with a much further west fully phased system. But it's happening a little too far north for D.C. to get crushed. But I'm starting to think central PA will get decent snow as the upper low and old primary pass across. 

12z GFS has that push into central PA as well.  

3 minutes ago, LP08 said:

12z GFS has a better WAA push by 6z Wednesday.  It temps cooperate, that could be a little surprise for some in MD.

Yup. I like seeing that. Heavier precip will help temps cool. NAM and gfs both show that now. Giddy up and fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah, looks a touch better thus far. I'm in chips fall mode at this point. Just thinking anything is model noise at this point. 

Of course, I want to get NAM'ed right at gametime. 

When do we fire up the dewpoint/temp/cloudcover watching obs thread? :)

I finally remembered which storm this reminds me of a lot. Feb 5 2001. Also a Nina year. Also a late developing coastal system. Similar h5 track. I know it's not perfect. No 2 storms are exact but this is close imo. 

H5 and surface were pretty close  

IMG_4506.GIF.b4cd3f83c020946831534ad4c6002937.GIFIMG_4507.GIF.dad3bba2e16944390af6c86ee04f8816.GIFIMG_4508.GIF.41916538a4607f84c4a3a6ca01368a03.GIF

this storm looks more amplified a bit 

and radar...

the WAA precip in front 

IMG_4509.GIF.5f9b5534a9c585c2f4e995141333f012.GIF

then the ccb develops 

IMG_4510.GIF.67f9b6dcbc943aa8e480fecded45573a.GIFIMG_4511.GIF.c8a1c8df81916adbda60757d0c7320df.GIF

the results...north of Baltimore would be happy with a repeat.  It was 7" here according to local coop.

IMG_4505.JPG.0bfd9e7b769ad20d23513b5b90eee540.JPG

7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I finally remembered which storm this reminds me of a lot. Feb 5 2001. Also a Nina year. Also a late developing coastal system. Similar h5 track. I know it's not perfect. No 2 storms are exact but this is close imo. 

H5 and surface were pretty close  

this storm looks more amplified a bit 

and radar...

the WAA precip in front 

then the ccb develops 

the results...north of Baltimore would be happy with a repeat.  It was 7" here according to local coop.

IMG_4505.JPG.0bfd9e7b769ad20d23513b5b90eee540.JPG

that was one of several miller B's..that screwed us. We had our redemption chance in March 2001....um...not a good winter but very active.......always tracking. Dec 30,2000 the same winter geez...i hate this hobby and my life

15 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah, looks a touch better thus far. I'm in chips fall mode at this point. Just thinking anything is model noise at this point. 

Of course, I want to get NAM'ed right at gametime. 

Don't take this as picking on you. I do it too. But I lol at the "chips fall" line because whenever we start seeing that phrase a lot I know we're in trouble. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived