Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 7 Disc/Observations

nj2va

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

It all comes down to where the best convergence sets up with the ccb as the low gets going. Places in the extreme NE portion of our subform are on the fence. Highest probability for heavy snow is clearly from SE PA into interior NJ. Rates will easily overcome any possible low level temp issues there.

That's the thing. Haven't dived deep into but just by looking looking at the latest precip maps it looks as if there is a tendency to have that feature set up farther west then earlier runs had it. I also wouldn't under estimate the mid-levels getting pooched severely enough from the easterly flow that rates can't overcome especially the farther east you go. Again, haven't dived deep into it this morning so maybe I am just overthinking things.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Split the diff.2-3” sounds good for you☺️

hey stranger. yeah i do think that could be a safe call at this point. we shall see how things progress today. wouldn't surprise me in the least if everything went further east and i end up with cirrus. 

9 minutes ago, mappy said:

hey stranger. yeah i do think that could be a safe call at this point. we shall see how things progress today. wouldn't surprise me in the least if everything went further east and i end up with cirrus. 

Hopefully you get 1-2” late this evening and don’t have to worry as much about the potential bust tomorrow I’ve been lurking on here for a while but not posting much. Focusing on my personal page and forecasting for contractors. I think Masco up in Philly is getting a bit carried away, plus he made a map that would make you cartographers cringe

5 minutes ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Hopefully you get 1-2” late this evening and don’t have to worry as much about the potential bust tomorrow I’ve been lurking on here for a while but not posting much. Focusing on my personal page and forecasting for contractors. I think Masco up in Philly is getting a bit carried away, plus he made a map that would make you cartographers cringe

hahahaha i love bad maps. 

10 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Looks like they are shifting the max westward closer to my ideas of a Balt/Carroll county jackpot.

As they say. 12z runs are going to be a big run. I wouldn't rule out a surprise or two. Hopefully in a good way.

i finally bit the bullet and got a subscription service for models, so i can dive into this stuff myself instead of always asking for others to post hahaha

3 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

If you believe in the trashy HRRR at long range and with normal 10:1 ratios, we all get in on a lot of fun. Too bad no one believes in any of those things.

I’ll believe it if u show me a map. At least until it the next run when it changes lol

Just now, mattie g said:

4-8" for the NE portion of Baltimore itself, then to the N and E. 2-4" to the S and W of there.

I want to know who here in this forum.. who is from Baltimore.. thinks that are getting any more than an inch or two?  

Disclaimers aside, just telling people what the run shows...

3K also has slightly better tilt to the trof with the ULL from Canada diving a little more west.  I'd imagine it will have a similar look.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived