• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
North Balti Zen

On 4/27/2024 at 10:54 PM, Jrlg1181 said:

Exactly what I've been saying... Well under 6 inches total since late January.... Literally just about every month since the fall of 22 has been below avg here with the exception of the past Nov Dec and Jan... 

Pretty much of opposite here. It's been a swamp for years here. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2024 at 8:23 AM, dailylurker said:

I can tell a big difference from my house where we had an isolated storm drop an inch of rain and the area I hike that missed it. Anyway.. were all getting ready to get baked dry for the next few months. I remember thunderstorms developing almost every afternoon. It doesn't seem to happen in our new climo.

Our "new climo" hasn't really changed from  60 years ago or 100 years ago. Depending on atmospheric patterns we indeed witness almost daily occurrences of convection. Otherwise, high and dry.

For a real mind trip, revisit the summer of 1963.

• Weenie 1

On 6/22/2024 at 9:29 AM, aldie 22 said:

Oh but it was so wet before :hurrbear: I'm guessing if we don't get some fairly consistent moisture soon water restrictions will be coming this summer 

Water use restrictions are already announced for some locations in the Mountain/Valley region.      https://augustafreepress.com/news/drought-city-of-staunton-asking-residents-businesses-to-reduce-water-use/

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

13 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Drove down I-81 on way to western NC on Wednesday and that map on severe drought out that way is absolutely accurate. Everything was brown. 

I drove down 81 from staunton to Blacksburg on the 15th of June, and was amazed at how green it was. Driving back the same way on the 1st, I wasn’t even sure I was going the right way.

4 hours ago, Rhino16 said:

I drove down 81 from staunton to Blacksburg on the 15th of June, and was amazed at how green it was. Driving back the same way on the 1st, I wasn’t even sure I was going the right way.

Stunner, yeah. I won’t be giving @EastCoast NPZ any joking guff over his lack of rain obs anymore…

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

This is a way of life west of the BR.

Yes it is , somehow someway got almost nothing yesterday, today heavy rain to my SW, moving NE which normally is much better than coming from the W or NW... moving towards my area only to suddenly start falling apart... Since May 18th 6 weeks with just about 1.25

• Like 1