Weathernoob335
Saturday December 30 Snow Obs and Disco

SnowGolfBro

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
52 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:
I'm watching Albert Lea Minnesota they are slated to get 2-4" if they get that or more then I think we can get an inch at least

What ratios are they looking at up there? 75:1 type stuff?

Forecasters just saying high ratio also calling it a clipper which Bob says it isn't 

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Forecasters just saying high ratio also calling it a clipper which Bob says it isn't 

Clippers originate in Canada but it's the most commonly used term for weak dry northern stream disturbances. Technically it's not a clipper but who really cares at this point. I'll take my half inch of crunchy dust that evaporates instead of melts and be happy. 

3 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Yeah I'm obviously not taking that verbatim. I think a coating to 2 inches is probably about the best area-wide.

I think you'll get closer to 2..one thing I noticed was as the vort gets NE it seems to gather some additional steam.  BWI area seems best in line to cash in on that idea.  but it all could still shift south, north or lose steam entirely so everyone gets a dusting.  just not much to work with and from what I am reading might be the only meal we will eat for days after..so enjoy and fill up if you can 

21 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Looks like some good upslope conditions.  I need them to set up a base for my MLK weekend ski trip.  

Based on the long rage temperature forecast they will be making snow for the next two weeks at least. I think it will be good conditions by MLK weekend

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived