Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Saturday December 30 Snow Obs and Disco

SnowGolfBro

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Gefs has the .10 " line just north of DC.  South of 0z ..fwiw.

Surprisingly dead in here actually 

Hey I’m all in. Euro had some good trends in the vort pass and the surface reflection. Precip responsed sorta strangely. I think this is a dusting-2” sort of event, but wouldn’t be surprised if someone (*cough*mappy*cough*) gets 3”. Gonna be fluffy stuff. 

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

I kinda like your area and the Delmarva. If the small slp off the coast decides to do anything quickly then some enhancement is on the table. It's a bit of a stretch but we've seen stuff like this more than once in the past. 

Another Dewey Beach special - eh , maybe I do better here in Middletown versus your way Bob, we will see.  On a seperate note - warmed up my daughter's car here this AM at 6 and it was labored to start, it is a late model car. 11 degrees here at that time . 

8 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, sparky will be reporting mod snow before I see my first flake and the some sort of weird w-e band over the northern tier will set up at the end to finish the job. 

If it makes you feel better, I have to travel to Derwood on Saturday, so I may not even be home to enjoy whatever falls :) 

17 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The NAM looks good. Precip centered right through our area. Manages to give most of us an inch or more. And even gets my area over .1 for the event.

qpf_acc.us_ma.png

Can't even get the nam to go overdone. I hope this one sneaks up on us

. But right now it looks lame.  Usually with these things I look for a vort passage just to our south. Right now I don't even see a vort.

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

maybe short range will refine it some.  who knows.  feel like I am marking time until something better shows itself like everyone else

Yea, we're getting to crunch time here. Still have 24 hours until the disturbance exits the rockies. It's such a tight window with precip that little shifts feel like giant ones...lol

Not much we can do is hope for the best as we play with fire on the southern edge. 

39 minutes ago, Hurricanegiants said:

So, essentially, we are back to looking like we are going to miss the Saturday event with an outside chance of a dusting? Or are we still in the game for 1-2?? We being NOVA. 

When in drought leave it out is what I'm thinking we may see some flakes20171226_md_none.svg

probably going to be tough to get any sizable event in this type of airmass/flow, but it sure would be cool to see a 1-2" event with these temps.

one thing i noticed that's different from 13/14 (aside from the fact that that winter was legendary for this area), was that it's been more sunny than that season.  what i didn't like about 13/14 was that it felt chilly and cloudy for 4 months straight.  i can tolerate 20s a lot better when the sun is shining, and the wind isn't up in your grill.

11 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Euro ticked a little south with the shield from 0z. Looks a little drier but solid track for us. Should avoid a shutout unless the whole thing dries up. 

Drier than 0z? Looks wetter to me. With some good ratios,  would probably drop 1” for you and me and 2” for the usual Hoffman-mappy deathband zone.

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Drier than 0z? Looks wetter to me. With some good ratios,  would probably drop 1” for you and me and 2” for the usual Hoffman-mappy deathband zone.

I didn't have the precip panels so I jumped the gun. Looked drier to the west of us but that's not the case. It's a good run honestly. Better than I expected. Now we need to get Nam'd a few times. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived