CHSVol
Saturday December 30 Snow Obs and Disco

SnowGolfBro

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cobalt said:

You didn't provide a pic, but I got you on that. Looks on board for sure

5a4406adba8d2_namconus_ref_frzn_neus_48(1).thumb.png.148352ebada1ed9aa8155e6ea040709f.png

Not a whole lot of precip, but all we need are some quick banding features and DC and suburbs could score 1-3"

namconus_apcpn_neus_28.thumb.png.e1f39f8cf285002fcc662b13cc285ea1.png

Apologies.  I was in the process but screwed it up.  Thank you for providing.  

Just now, usedtobe said:

I misread the QPF, I get 0.05" so probably 0.50" to an inch but better than the 12Z run.

You just need .05 per run the next to runs and you'll get warning criteria. 

Jokes aside, what do you think of the weak surface reflection in western NC/VA that Mitch pointed out on the Euro? Nam has it too. I remember that being one of the things to look at for upside potential. My guess is flow is too flat for it to make any difference. There won't be any circulation with this one or if there is it will be very little at best. Grasping here Wes....grasping...

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Jokes aside, what do you think of the weak surface reflection in western NC/VA that Mitch pointed out on the Euro? Nam has it too. I remember that being one of the things to look at for upside potential. My guess is flow is too flat for it to make any difference. There won't be any circulation with this one or if there is it will be very little at best. Grasping here Wes....grasping...

I'd feel better if there was a strong vort to our south like the Euro showed yesterday.  I don't see that low as being anything significant but who knows, not me. 

Not really snowy in a climo sense, but in the sense that we could have a couple events pop up within hr 72 or 96. All it takes is one lucky 3-6" event to be considered "snowy"

It is my feeling this particular event will yield no more than 1 inch in the favored locations because there is no discernible vort max at h5.  The NAM tends to over do precip.  What there is of a vort max at h5 passes over just south of EZF.

2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

It is my feeling this particular event will yield no more than 1 inch in the favored locations because there is no discernible vort max at h5.  The NAM tends to over do precip.  What there is of a vort max at h5 passes over just south of EZF.

I'm not saying this event yields 3-6", but I think 1-3" is on the table. Either way, it'll be a high ratio snowfall, so we need to hope to luck out. Safe bet would be DCA gets 0.5" and IAD gets a bit more of snowfall. 

I'm not saying this event yields 3-6", but I think 1-3" is on the table. Either way, it'll be a high ratio snowfall, so we need to hope to luck out. Safe bet would be DCA gets 0.5" and IAD gets a bit more of snowfall. 

I agree with this analysis but would like to see what the GFS does at 18z.  This is becoming a short range event but the details at h5 should allow us to make a synopsis.

3 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

18z (yes, I said18z!) GEM still on it.

P6_GZ_D5_PN_066_0000.gif

P6_GZ_D5_PN_072_0000.gif

P6_GZ_D5_PN_078_0000.gif

Nice work men. Lol. 

Since there's not going to be much of a circulation with this one, juice is the most important thing. Apps are going to eat and leave us a doggie bag. Trajectory is ripe for the apps to piss us off a little but if it packs enough juice we wont get totally screwed

I liked the gfs pushing the stripe south of us. For whatever reason guidance today pretty much aimed everything right at us. It's a narrow stripe that seems to want to go over us and we're not far out in time....but still enough time for a gradual shift too far north....that would suck. 

IMO I think the 0z NAM looks better than 18z. Clipper looks more organized, it just needs a push 50 miles South

I agree. It looks more robust.  Wish it didn't take that infamous tick to the north though 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived