Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Not sure how people are already racheting down expectations with that H5 look on the 0z EPS at hr 96...Best run so far...

I guess because none of the models are showing a hit anymore and we’re getting closer, not further away from the non-event? Haha.  I’m no expert, just an observer. 

7 minutes ago, JBinStoughton said:

I guess because none of the models are showing a hit anymore and we’re getting closer, not further away from the non-event? Haha.  I’m no expert, just an observer. 

Euro with highest verification scores and EPS trending favorably. Need to weigh guidance/trends accordingly...

90 hr is also an eternity for a potential Miller B outcome. We won’t have the final solution inside 24 hr...Of course at that point it’ll be close but the point is, much more uncertainty with an event like this despite being inside 4 days.

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

Euro with highest verification scores and EPS trending favorably. Need to weigh guidance/trends accordingly...

90 hr is also an eternity for a potential Miller B outcome. We won’t have the final solution inside 24 hr...Of course at that point it’ll be close but the point is, much more uncertainty with an event like this despite being inside 4 days.

Nice  I might want to plan to stay in Dover for this one, closer to the coast.  Models typically struggle in this scenario anyhow and they are truly at odds.  WPC, like you, leaning on the Euro.  And climo is good up here for Miller Bs.  

This kind of an air mass reminds me of those in the past before an epic blizzard, that dry bone chilling cold, I measured with my hand held weather instrument that measures, wind direction, speed, temperature and wind chill.  It recorded a temp of 16.9F this morning as the sun was rising, I took a quick walk.  Try to get the brain flowing for writing.  It reminds me of the air mass before the Jan 05 blizzard and the day before the Jan 2015 blizzard, although that storm didn't have quite the arctic air mass that 05 did.  Plus I looked at all of the 2015 blizzard threads this week from the discussion model threads to the actual observations thread for good karma.  So here is to another epic blizzard in Southern New England.

Archived