Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s so easy being them. Just go with the coldest and snowiest outcome.....but funny thing is, they been more right than not this decade lol. 

Ha it's just funny when models showed rain, Snow88 was saying the EPO will push it all east.  Now when the models are a scraper, the western Atlantic ridge will push it back west.  There's a pattern in his posting that suggests a different index each time will line it up beautifully lol.

Though can't blame him as the last cutter did go east like he was saying...now let's see if the Atlantic ridge can bring a big snowstorm.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha it's just funny when models showed rain, Snow88 was saying the EPO will push it all east.  Now when the models are a scraper, the western Atlantic ridge will push it back west.  There's a pattern in his posting that suggests a different index each time will line it up beautifully lol.

Though can't blame him as the last cutter did go east like he was saying...now let's see if the Atlantic ridge can bring a big snowstorm.

I more or less thought he was probably more correct than not last time. This time though the cold is strong, the ridge is not . My guess is this ends up a low end warning event or like 3-6” of powder for SNE , but little more than that 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You are one of “them”

Did my 2-4” call for you work out fine yesterday?

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’m taking the -EPO logic from previous and thinking this system will go over Bermuda. 

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Sometimes you just have crap luck. But, it's early still.

One upside of this cold is its going really lower SSTs. Around here that's important. So long as we don't torch, it should help in more marginal situations the rest of winter. Not a fan of frigid, especially since it's bare ground here but trying to see some silver lining if it does stay dry over the next 10 days.

1 minute ago, FRWEATHA said:

One upside of this cold is its going really lower SSTs. Around here that's important. So long as we don't torch, it should help in more marginal situations the rest of winter. Not a fan of frigid, especially since it's bare ground here but trying to see some silver lining if it does stay dry over the next 10 days.

I don’t think it makes that much difference. It was the mid levels that determined snow vs rain for the 12/25 system.

4 minutes ago, FRWEATHA said:

That’s a dose of optimism.  I’ll take it for now. 

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

There are the usual suspects that downplay any potential because it’s possible people get skunked.  Then there are the realists who see potential and recognize it knowing it may not work out.  We need Tip to inject a dose of emotion.

Just wondering, don't mean to get off topic...where has "Tip" been? Is he ok?

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Either the gfs is going to be really wrong or the euro isn’t going to slowly tick to its idea.

I envision the euro will continue to slowly slink away from the measurable snowfall... and since it does it slowly, everyone will say how it’s superior... etc etc 

We’re talking d5.  And the euro is superior.  It could be wrong this time but you’re not getting consistency until we’re much closer in.

Personally I think when the cold buckles early next week before a reinforcement we have our best chances.

Archived