joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Not right behind it..after the 8th.

Ahhh gotcha.  Yeah there's certainly no break with that system immediately after but makes sense it wouldn't warm up with a bomb moving northeast and giving a renewed NW push of cold behind it.

I could see that lifting out afterwards though.  I mean can it really sustain that type of cold for so long?  I hope not.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

My though was if people were offered below normal temps and normal snow they would sign up for that December in a heartbeat.

Beforehand yes, but once people get a few snorts, they need more and more. They'll see other areas cashing in not too far away and start getting the ol' jackpot fetish which is very prevalent on here.

For me, I'm perfectly happy with around a foot of snow on the month with below average temps and continuous snow cover from Dec 9th onward and avoiding a Grinch storm....I know we "could have" gotten more snow this month, but sometimes you just have to accept that not every single favorable pattern is going to give you an event with KU totals. We've been pretty fortunate on the big storms recently. We've had a ton of them...and that wasn't/isn't going to continue at that frequency.

Plus, I'm not gonna be fretting over average December snowfall if the models are showing a warning criteria storm 84 hours out as the ball drops.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Beforehand yes, but once people get a few snorts, they need more and more. They'll see other areas cashing in not too far away and start getting the ol' jackpot fetish which is very prevalent on here.

For me, I'm perfectly happy with around a foot of snow on the month with below average temps and continuous snow cover from Dec 9th onward and avoiding a Grinch storm....I know we "could have" gotten more snow this month, but sometimes you just have to accept that not every single favorable pattern is going to give you an event with KU totals. We've been pretty fortunate on the big storms recently. We've had a ton of them...and that wasn't/isn't going to continue at that frequency.

Plus, I'm not gonna be fretting over average December snowfall if the models are showing a warning criteria storm 84 hours out as the ball drops.

Sorry, snow falls on the 4th, it doesn't count for the pattern. I'll enjoy people shoveling out and saying, "but December could have been better."

Archived