• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

My prediction over the next 10 days, outside of ocean effect and upslope, is that 3 snow events will affect New England.  One will be small to moderate and affect a relatively small area.  Another will be small to moderate and affecting a larger area.  And a third will be moderate to major and affect much of us.  Rationale is strength of cold air, pattern persistence and La Niña northern stream, and storms occcuring at the end of major cold outbreaks.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

So what I'd like to see from the GFS today is a continued suppression on the lead southern s/w.  That's what the trend has been over the last 3 runs.  It scoots well offshore ahead of the trailing northern stream diving out of Canada.  By doing all this it allows for the trailing wave to dig more and carve out a decent trough and develop our Miller B that the Euro shows.

Yeah. I see no chance of these two short waves phasing. Get the first one out of the way and give the second some room to do the cha cha

43 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

So what I'd like to see from the GFS today is a continued suppression on the lead southern s/w.  That's what the trend has been over the last 3 runs.  It scoots well offshore ahead of the trailing northern stream diving out of Canada.  By doing all this it allows for the trailing wave to dig more and carve out a decent trough and develop our Miller B that the Euro shows.

I would like to see that not only for selfish snowfall reasons, but that is how I drew up events during the pre season huddle. The Miller A juggernuat version never sat well with me...more n stream emphasis does.

31 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

My prediction over the next 10 days, outside of ocean effect and upslope, is that 3 snow events will affect New England.  One will be small to moderate and affect a relatively small area.  Another will be small to moderate and affecting a larger area.  And a third will be moderate to major and affect much of us.  Rationale is strength of cold air, pattern persistence and La Niña northern stream, and storms occcuring at the end of major cold outbreaks.

I agree that we aren't leaving the arctic unscathed.

GFS fell flat on its face last storm. Euro was the winner. Things back to normal in the universe. GFS seems to be the least on board with a system for Sat night/early Sun. So we'll see...I'd prob favor something but keep expectations in check...could be a scraper type or a fast moving advisory type deal.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

GFS fell flat on its face last storm. Euro was the winner. Things back to normal in the universe. GFS seems to be the least on board with a system for Sat night/early Sun. So we'll see...I'd prob favor something but keep expectations in check...could be a scraper type or a fast moving advisory type deal.

Yup no big dogs in sight. Just little to medium sized dogs 

31 minutes ago, weathafella said:

You said doozy and then rendered everyone speechless spinning the word doozy into meh.  But I love you and merry Christmas to you and your family.

Lol. Bloody Mary’s on the plane ride? I just think folks have suffer interpretations of doozy. At any rate.. it does look like a snowy weekend. Hope you can get back. Seasons Greetings!

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol. Bloody Mary’s on the plane ride? I just think folks have suffer interpretations of doozy. At any rate.. it does look like a snowy weekend. Hope you can get back. Seasons Greetings!

Lol.  There is a local on-air met who has what he calls a "Doozometer" to show the strength of an expected storm.  I wasn't able to find an image.

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

The CMC basically does that now. Getting there..

Archived