Toothache
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Crushers on guidance. Long week ahead.

Worth watching for another day or two, but I'm guessing these will be southern/eastern things.  Very unlikely these impact  up here barring any far distant deformation banding.

I like my p/c for Thursday.

Thursday
Sunny and cold, with a high near 1.

EC op/EPC 2m temps don't get above -2 here Thu...should be no cheap midnight highs either. MEX is currently 10F at CON which would be about 7F here. My hunch is it'll underestimate the llvl cold and it'll verify a few degrees colder than that. I think my record low max here since '06 is 4.2F or something.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

EC op/EPC 2m temps don't get above -2 here Thu...should be no cheap midnight highs either. MEX is currently 10F at CON which would be about 7F here. My hunch is it'll underestimate the llvl cold and it'll verify a few degrees colder than that. I think my record low max here since '06 is 4.2F or something.

That's because you weren't there in 2004.  On Jan 14,15 that year I had highs of -7 and -8, and that -7 was recorded at 9:01 PM on the 13th as the temp plummeted by, afternoon of the 14th topped out at -11, with a biting wind.  Farmington co-op had -8 and -6, tying for 3rd and 5th coldest maxima in 125 years of record.  Since that year my lowest maxwas+1 in 2007, though cheap 9:01 PM highs spoiled the -2 on 3/6/07 and zero on 3/11 this year.

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

There is zero doubt in my mind that a miss is solidly on the table... easily could just scoot south 

Jeez you are Debbie Downer.  There is no doubt in my mind that a miss is on the table re a coastal storm being modelled 6 days out.  Is there ever not a doubt in that situation?  If our pattern persists we have a good shot of a storm that affects a good part of New England.

Archived