Toothache
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Nah. Not in Woburn anymore. 

Rockport primarily rain in this one. Next weekend could be good here though. 

Christmas storm not looking too good for North Shore/Cape Ann. It has been kind of underwhelming in these parts since Feb 2015. We are long overdue for a non-meh event.

13 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

It's a delicate interaction between the 2 streams that allows the storm to turn the corner up the coast.  I'd favor the same right now as well.  Flow isn't all that amplified either next week.

Our PNA ridge is getting squashed on these recent runs.

3 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Meh. I forgot how frustrating winter can be. At least I knew Snow chances were slim to none in Virginia last year. 

Mid-Atlantic board seems to have a "Panic Room" thread every year. I lived in DC area many years ago, several years would go by with nothing more than a few "wintry mix" events, then a monster noreaster would dump ridiculous amounts, and shut everything down for a week.

15 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

It's a delicate interaction between the 2 streams that allows the storm to turn the corner up the coast.  I'd favor the same right now as well.  Flow isn't all that amplified either next week.

I just mean that I would take that instead of being in the bullseye 6-7 days out. 12z solution better than 6z. I'd watch it with those two pieces of energy. Regardless, definitely some chances over the next 2 weeks.

6 minutes ago, mjd_tech said:

Mid-Atlantic board seems to have a "Panic Room" thread every year. I lived in DC area many years ago, several years would go by with nothing more than a few "wintry mix" events, then a monster noreaster would dump ridiculous amounts, and shut everything down for a week.

Definitely. I avoided the Mid Atlantic forums like the plague. NE is spoiled with the knowledge and expertise in these threads. 

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Euro OP. is a bomb don't fret rain snow lines for cripes sake. I like the look

People fret.  Euro is light-years different at 500mb than the GFS.  It's all about that PV dropping in along the backside of that lead southern s/w.  Buckles the flow and pulls that s/w back W and N and bombs away.

Archived