Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perigeean full moon Jan 2 0225z

Any strong onshore winds Dec 31 to Jan 4 will come with enhanced tidal ranges.

ECM depiction looks like a raging southeast backing to northeast wind for MA, NH and ME coastal regions.

The energy peak is dual (Dec 31 21z and Jan 2 02z) meaning long-duration intense storm possible if it actually develops off Cape Cod as depicted. Could be a very fast pressure drop with this. Superstorm potential and right on NYE, has there ever been a blizzard right on NYE in modern times? (If ECM progression is right, any coastal rain will be brief and mostly confined to s.e. MA by height of storm). 

Exciting to watch anyway, could be a more pedestrian nor'easter as per the GFS scenario. But extreme cold, crashing heights and that external energy peak almost always a recipe for a memorable storm. 

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Gonna be in Northern Aroostook county ME from Tuesday the 26th, and come back on Sunday the 31st...Winder if I get caught in any potential storm on my way home?  I’ll have to monitor this while I’m up there to see if this starts to look like it may materialize?

Stay safe 

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Gonna be in Northern Aroostook county ME from Tuesday the 26th, and come back on Sunday the 31st...Winder if I get caught in any potential storm on my way home?  I’ll have to monitor this while I’m up there to see if this starts to look like it may materialize?

If that storm materializes, It would still be snowing up there on the 31st.

Archived