Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

8 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Jeez you are Debbie Downer.  There is no doubt in my mind that a miss is on the table re a coastal storm being modelled 6 days out.  Is there ever not a doubt in that situation?  If our pattern persists we have a good shot of a storm that affects a good part of New England.

Easy for you to say with your snowstorm today. This winter has blown so far down this way, capped off by the Rainer today... we have like 5 and change on the season. 

A miss for these next two would suck... and would make this period a disappointment 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Easy for you to say with your snowstorm today. This winter has blown so far down this way, capped off by the Rainer today... we have like 5 and change on the season. 

A miss for these next two would suck... and would make this period a disappointment 

the sharp posters in the nyc forum agree that it looks kinda dull...maybe some general light snow but no noteworthy event

From what I see the trend on today's 12Z  (at least GFS and Euro)  is further SE with the next threats...

What no one is taking about  (unless I missed it in one of these threads)  is the long lasting intense cold coming in.  Just wow.  Up here in Central New England at elevation I don't break 10F ish for the next 10 days.   We have had more intense cold but this duration makes it noteworthy.  Now that much of SNE has some snowcover your highs might be a bit lower than bare ground too....

I think it's going to keep storms well SE....

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

If I were you, then I would feel the same way.

Nothing more obnoxious than someone telling you how great your winter is once they finish shoveling your snow from their driveway.

26 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

From what I see the trend on today's 12Z  (at least GFS and Euro)  is further SE with the next threats...

What no one is taking about  (unless I missed it in one of these threads)  is the long lasting intense cold coming in.  Just wow.  Up here in Central New England at elevation I don't break 10F ish for the next 10 days.   We have had more intense cold but this duration makes it noteworthy.  Now that much of SNE has some snowcover your highs might be a bit lower than bare ground too....

I think it's going to keep storms well SE....

Looks great into next week, intense cold, should thicken ice on the lakes, it's an active pattern wouldn't take much for one of these storm s to clip us either so there's that too.

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Time to talk cold. Our HIGH temps won't reach our daily average temps

Screenshot_20171225-142920.png

Ginx,   I never start a thread but was thinking of doing so.  We have had more intense cold but they are usually fairly short.  This one just keeps going and going.  Putting it into perspective I wonder how unusually cold this is going to be?  

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Ginx,   I never start a thread but was thinking of doing so.  We have had more intense cold but they are usually fairly short.  This one just keeps going and going.  Putting it into perspective I wonder how unusually cold this is going to be?  

This is going to be brutal.

My least favorite patterns of all time.  Bone-chilling cold and dry.  

The type of thing where you have 15" on the ground today, you have 15" on the ground in two weeks with no precip.  All the while it's Currier and Ives in NYC.

Big time suppression coming up for a good chunk of New England...but the less populated chunk lol.

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I’m cool with s thread for the impeding cold snap

24 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is going to be brutal.

My least favorite patterns of all time.  Bone-chilling cold and dry.  

The type of thing where you have 15" on the ground today, you have 15" on the ground in two weeks with no precip.  All the while it's Currier and Ives in NYC.

Big time suppression coming up for a good chunk of New England...but the less populated chunk lol.

At least I got snow before that pattern, though...brutal for those who rained on xmas..

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

At least I got snow before that pattern, though...brutal for those who rained on xmas, though..

Oh yeah I'd be losing my sh*t if it was like 2014 when we'd get these stretches after like a rainer or with 2" of dust and grass blades showing.  Trees are still pretty caked from Friday's 8.5" and then the freezing rain and a few more inches today. Figure that snow is going to be caked to the trees for some time now.

Its just the pattern gets so boring in these set-ups....but I'd be drooling on the south coast.  These patterns are when Ginxy is snowing at 14F.

Archived