Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/15 -16 /17 Sneaky Coastal

MJO812

6 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

I still don't quite understand the logic of issuing a WWA for 3" of snow. Like why is that the threshold? 1-2" of snow on pavement can cause lots of problems just as freezing drizzle can yet no advisory would be issued. We've seen this time and time again, yet on a Saturday afternoon in March with temps of 33 they'll issue one for 3-5" of slushy accumulations on grass because it meets the 3" threshold. To me it should be about the conditions of the roads since that's the impact most are concerned about (besides schools and public transportation)

bump. roads turned into a parking lot this evening 

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

If that good band was 20 miles north the island would have 6”. Has to be serious rates in there based on ratios. Waiting for rjay for my wantagh total

True, although I'm not complaining.  Steady light snow still falling here on the South Shore.  Together with Wed night/Thurs morning event, I think this makes up for last Saturday's WSW fail!

30 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

My mom said 4” in south wantagh. I can see how we got more then rjay as the best band hugged the extreme south shore 

I’d say we had around 2” here, maybe a little over. The grass is completely covered up now and my street snow covered, but we definitely didn’t get that much. There was also some left from yesterday morning on the ground.

Just now, jm1220 said:

I’d say we had around 2” here, maybe a little over. The grass is completely covered up now and my street snow covered, but we definitely didn’t get that much. There was also some left from yesterday morning on the ground.

I’m in Vermont so that obs from my dad and relayed to my mom. Based on the radar loop I’d say it’s more likely it was between 2 and 3 in south wantagh factoring in your and rjays obs. But I’ll never know for sure 

Archived