joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 11 Week Event(s)

mitchnick

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting differences with the models. Even though the event will be mostly inconsequential, it is interesting that the US mesos are pretty much dry south of the Mason Dixon but the RGEM is still showing fairly decent precip (all things considered) to the south and east. Will be interesting to see what verifies. NAMs/GFS are bone dry for the most part in MD. HRRR gets trace amounts south of I70 but not south of the Potomac. RGEM/CMC/Euro are the only models showing QPF south of the Potomac and more than a trace on the Delmarva. 

rgem_apcpn_neus_24.png

I've noticed some back building around DC too.

http://www.marylandwx.com/radar/klwxstate_br.php

I need back-back building at this point, lol.

Funny how snow seems to show up on that radar as soon as you cross into the MD border. Would love to understand the dynamics that cause this. Does the moisture that is ripped apart in the mountains just need more time to come together again?

Seemed to have a lot of virga here to start and got under a yellow band and still hardly anything and then it was like it saturated up and turned into a snow globe. Had a nice squall that quickly blanketed everything, including roads. Probably close to a half inch at this point. I know this event was supposed to be something more significant earlier in the week, but given the expectations heading into tonight, I have to say I'm quite pleased. Nice little event. And crankyweather is hinting that the storm may be tracking more south than expected.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived