Newest Member
    joxey
December 11 Week Event(s)

mitchnick

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, yoda said:

If LWX is correct in using 13:1 SR's as they mentioned in the updated evening AFD... and if the 00z RGEM were correct in its QPF placement and amounts... this would suggest 2-3" from DC towards NE MD.  Help us RGEM, you are our only hope...

NAM and RGEM are pretty sweet. If I remember correctly, the 3k NAM did well during last week's snowstorm.

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

Might be good for some snow tv west of 95.  At least it should stick.

Cold snow, everything that falls should stick, even on the roads that aren't salted too. If I get 2" at my house, then I'm content with this December. Hell, if we even get snowflakes, I'm content. All I want to do is top 3" for December (2.9" so far).

2 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Who’s staying up to watch the Euro go boom!? I’m not, but always  look forward to my AM coffee reading of the overnight pbp. Make it happen people! :-)

I mean, I'm on Winter Break so why not :lol:. Honestly I'd take 50 weekend storms where I can stay up and track it rather than worry about school or whether school will be cancelled or not. I'm not in it for the missed school days. I'm in it for the :snowing:

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

GFS tix west w/ qpf.....

and yet chuck got trolled for suggesting this could happen.....

he's been "interesting" this year, but I'd be leary at dismissing as of last 2 runs and model consensus.

hmmmm.

I mean, he did say that he felt like last week's storm would underperform. It did kind of underperform, but barely. 

Just now, yoda said:

I don't remember this event

1" of snow, but due to really cold temps caused massive delays throughout DC. I remember I had a Science test and couldn't focus cause of all the CWG posts/comments about the blizzard (didn't know about AmericanWx until the January nor'easter of last year). Had school cancelled, and our roads were basically ice skating rinks.

1 minute ago, yoda said:

I don't remember this event

Everyone was looking ahead to the blizzard. Roads weren’t treated, it snowed a lot longer than progged, and the roads became a disaster just in time for the evening rush. I only got 1.25” but people has like 5 hour plus commutes and many just stayed downtown and didn’t bother going home. 

2 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

Everyone was looking ahead to the blizzard. Roads weren’t treated, it snowed a lot longer than progged, and the roads became a disaster just in time for the evening rush. I only got 1.25” but people has like 5 hour plus commutes and many just stayed downtown and didn’t bother going home. 

But was it modeled properly? It was just overlooked, if I recall. 

2 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

We are awfully jittery when it snows for being a snow town.  

Just now, Cobalt said:

I mean, he did say that he felt like last week's storm would underperform. It did kind of underperform, but barely. 

I get ya....I'm just not a fan of  "speaking" in absolutes in this sport, no less trolling others for suggesting things.  The beauty of a forum, its to discuss and learn.  I've been doing this since some of you were still in diapers.  I'm no expert by any means, but I do know well enough to never write something off...especially when trends inside 24 hours say not to...

weather is a humbling sport.

just an observation....

carry on :).

Nut

6 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

Ah okay, I remember now... thanks for the explanation

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I get ya....I'm just not a fan of  "speaking" in absolutes in this sport, no less trolling others for suggesting things.  The beauty of a forum, its to discuss and learn.  I've been doing this since some of you were still in diapers.  I'm no expert by any means, but I do know well enough to never write something off...especially when trends inside 24 hours say not to...

weather is a humbling sport.

just an observation....

carry on :).

Nut

lolz

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived