Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter String

George BM

21 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Lol. You missed your calling, or is there even a thing called a beer sommelier? But it's not too late for you to do YouTube reviews.

Also, our oyster stout home brew was a big hit last night, but sad that it's gone. I'll have to make time to brew next weekend to have some for the frigid January weather.

As a matter of fact, the beer equivalent of a sommelier is a cicerone! Those guys are serious beer geeks though. :lol:

Congrats on having a homebrew hit. It always feels great when people appreciate your labor of love.

With some time off coming up, I’ll be brewing a new NE IPA, and I’ll almost certainly be brewing another bourbon-soaked oak Russian Imperial Stout that will be ready for next fall. Sooooo good... 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, UIWWildthing said:

Run the damn ball when you're up 2 with 2 minutes and change left. Why the hell are we passing??

And Pees, you can retire now, thanks. 

They could have unloaded him and hired Wade Phillips...

Harbaugh should pay for his loyalty to these crappy coordinators with his job.

Drove to So Jersey, aka ‘Philly’ So Jersey,  in the snow Saturday afternoon.  It was really cranking when I got there.  So I drove around a bit before checking in with family.   Looked for some excuse to run to the store just to drive around again. It was so pretty.  Kept thinking what a novelty it was to be driving in the snow two whole weeks before the holiday. 

2 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

They kept playing middle zone with the LB’s all night and James just kept finding the soft spot. It was legit embarrassing to watch the secondary look like they’ve never played football. Why did we not double and triple AB all night is beyond me. He can’t be covered 1v1 by virtually any CB in NFL. And Tony Jefferson needs to stay off Twitter and get in film and weight room. Horrible coverage on a freakin FB for that one TD. He should be picking his pocket. Offensive play calling was bad end of game. Stopped running it after how we were gashing them. I’ll say this, Jeremy Maclin needs to pack up and leave after this season. He doesn’t do anything. How do you drop that pass on final drive? It was a good hit, but man up. I’ve seen Julian Edelman take harder licks and come down with similar balls. All about wanting it and he obviously didn’t want it. Idc if I’ve never played NFL ball. You catch that cuz that’s what good WR’s do in the clutch. Out coached and out willed for the 3rd straight time in Pittsburgh.

F me. That game was such a debacle. Harbaugh and Pees have to go. If our pathetic offense scores 38 on the road in Pittsburgh and we still lose heads have to roll. So much was wrong with that game that I don’t have the time to type out a 10 paragraph explanation. Now watch us lose to Cleveland.

1 minute ago, ravensrule said:

F me. That game was such a debacle. Harbaugh and Pees have to go. If our pathetic offense scores 38 on the road in Pittsburgh and we still lose heads have to roll. So much was wrong with that game that I don’t have the time to type out a 10 paragraph explanation. Now watch us lose to Cleveland.

I fully expect it. Here is how it will go down.. They will come out flat, Cleveland has a good enough D, will play inspired, and the Ravens will turn it over 3 times. Cleveland's O wont do much, but wont turn it over. Browns win 12-9. Ravens will then lose one of the last 2, and finish 8-8. Bisciotti will have finally seen enough, and make major changes. I am actually hoping for this to happen.

21 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

It may have been me regrettably.  None of us would be here without him though! Come back Ian! :hurrbear:

I doubt that it was any one person.  Being a moderator in this joint is probably worse than being a bouncer at the old bar the 'Vous in College Park.  I'm only guessing and could be way wrong, but moderating would wear on me quickly.

27 minutes ago, 87storms said:

the first snowfall gets a pass for leaving mostly wet roads. the next one needs to at least cover parking lots and side streets, or else i'm deducting points.

Yeah, it was nice but it also felt like a March snowfall. Too much melting on paved surfaces. Hopefully next time will be a bit colder.

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I doubt that it was any one person.  Being a moderator in this joint is probably worse than being a bouncer at the old bar the 'Vous in College Park.  I'm only guessing and could be way wrong, but moderating would wear on me quickly.

Where do I submit my application?

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm in Baltimore for a really imortant meeting with my business partner and all I can think about is the gfs. Part of me says I really need to get my priorities in the right order and the other part says my priorities are in perfect order. Thoughts like this can only find empathy in this forum. LOL

Wait till the Euro shows a coastal crawler in 45 minutes.  

26 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm in Baltimore for a really imortant meeting with my business partner and all I can think about is the gfs. Part of me says I really need to get my priorities in the right order and the other part says my priorities are in perfect order. Thoughts like this can only find empathy in this forum. LOL

Being a student during the winter is the hardest thing. My grades always tumble, especially during good winters

44 minutes ago, usedtobe said:

Tell me about, no don't,  Yesterday I at least missed some of the first half so I only got half the pain and by halftime there was no reason to watch anymore. 

Painful is sitting in a bar with other Redskins fans....silent, heads hung low.  I turned my back to the TV and started looking at models. 

7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Painful is sitting in a bar with other Redskins fans....silent, heads hung low.  I turned my back to the TV and started looking at models. 

or at home, where i didn't change the channel, or leave the room, until it was over. 

In January 2003 there was a time where it was 10s and 20s with several mornings having surprise snow squalls of 3-4", one produced 6". One was 1-3", turned into 20". These are unforecasted events, suppose to be partly sunny, 1996 had a few these too. These are the best kind, the fluffy dry snow with wind squalls mixing in with sunlight. All of this 2000s stuff otherwise, even the 30" blizzards is just wet. I want a real Winter pattern. 

I'm trying to think what it would take to get one these patterns because we are so far away. La Nina at all is going to be wet. And ridging the Pacific that is -EPO, determined good, really isn't that cold snowy pattern and is always preceded and proceded by warmer temps. So we need a complete Pacific revamp because almost all Winters in the 2000s have had ridging somewhere, Aleutians, Gulf of Alaska, Alaska, even western Canada doesn't work. Any super El Nino push this time of the year would be solar related and likely a high radiation event. We need things to sit and cool somewhere for a month, SSTs at -3 or something, then Stratosphere warming, sitting for 2 months, become +PNA

Oct8 -Jan26 1960-61 had a Stratospheric warming that is the kind of pattern we need to happen. Looked really good at the surface. 

1 hour ago, StormchaserChuck said:

In January 2003 there was a time where it was 10s and 20s with several mornings having surprise snow squalls of 3-4", one produced 6". One was 1-3", turned into 20". These are unforecasted events, suppose to be partly sunny, 1996 had a few these too. These are the best kind, the fluffy dry snow with wind squalls mixing in with sunlight. All of this 2000s stuff otherwise, even the 30" blizzards is just wet. I want a real Winter pattern. 

powdery snow is definitely the best and what i miss from my time in colorado.  i do agree that the 80s/90s seemed to have more "cold" snowstorms than the 2000s, though we've had a few here.  i think in our good winters (probably every 2 to 3 years on average, or whatever) we probably have more of those "real" winters.  it's the ones in between that we end up with those wet type advisory level snowstorms that just aren't as memorable.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived