Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mayhem VII

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, ineedsnow said:

Can we get a little love to the west.. Still hope but if theres not a shift at 12z we're out

Not happenning unofrtunately, even with the better digging on guidance the best stuff continues to be east of 91 which is back to the 5year climo norm. It will be a moody type system for us, but then we move on. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Not happenning unofrtunately, even with the better digging on guidance the best stuff continues to be east of 91 which is back to the 5year climo norm. It will be a moody type system for us, but then we move on. 

Norluns are tricky

They can set up anywhere even if the models show a certain area getting hit.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

I am watching the 26th to 28th as a last gasp

truth be told... most years Easter's really the last rites - that's the way I look at it.

some years Easter is really early and we can fudge it ... but by and large (for me anyway)... I think of it as any time after Halloween or before Easter...  

beyond those end points your getting exotically lucky, or ... very annoyed, depending on one's point of view. 

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 3:50 PM, Ginx snewx said:

He has a couple ski pics but I would like to see some scenery.

I’m not sure how it was for PF, but subject emphasis may have worked out for him like it did for me.  On Wednesday at Stowe I definitely focused on ski photos with so much over-the-shoulders-goodness and relatively low visibility due to the continued heavy snowfall.  However, I got more scenery shots at Bolton Valley yesterday morning since I was on a solo outing and visibility was better – here are a couple of Ginxy specials:

16MAR17B.jpg

16MAR17A.jpg

20 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

I’m not sure how it was for PF, but subject emphasis may have worked out for him like it did for me.  On Wednesday at Stowe I definitely focused on ski photos with so much over-the-shoulders-goodness and relatively low visibility due to the continued heavy snowfall.  However, I got more scenery shots at Bolton Valley yesterday morning since I was on a solo outing and visibility was better – here are a couple of Ginxy specials:

16MAR17B.jpg

16MAR17A.jpg

Those are fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, J.Spin said:

16MAR17B.jpg

16MAR17A.jpg

Approve 

5 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm ready for it to be over....honestly am glad this one went to crap...although I would like to steal an inch.

I've noticed MOS temps really ticking upward the past few days for the entire week. 2 weeks and we're in April. Winter is slipping away as fast as it seems life is. I wish we could slow both down more. But yeah, a little sun and warmth on the skin would be nice too. Seasons in seasons I suppose. 

8 hours ago, dendrite said:

I've noticed MOS temps really ticking upward the past few days for the entire week. 2 weeks and we're in April. Winter is slipping away as fast as it seems life is. I wish we could slow both down more. But yeah, a little sun and warmth on the skin would be nice too. Seasons in seasons I suppose. 

I've been (possibly too revealing here...) experiencing existential dilemmas of my own along those lines as of late.

I just it seems like I crash Monday nights and wake up Friday mornings, as more than a mere trope in the matter wondering 'Where in the f did the week just go?!'

It's ironic. I recall, vividly, being in my mid 20s and starting down the endless hallway of a work week ...seemingly not being able to see the end of the corridor.  Now?  Jesus, I feel like the corridor has tipped 90-degrees upright and I'm free-falling down it at 9.8m/s^2

Thing is, sum up weeks stacked upon weeks of that worm-holed dilating like that and I am afraid of waking up tomorrow when I'm 84 (assuming the better of valor) wondering equally why and when it all elapsed its escaped of my attention.  ...And I'm finding years clicking by so quickly that I'm constantly misplacing events that happened as much as a half decade back as though they were last summer. 

I think it's a problem really - maybe even societal ...I realize that there is a natural biological cause for sensations of time speeding up as one ages. Oh, it's thought to be related to the lack of new cell growth in the prefrontal cortex of the brain, where are those that deal with circadian -  ...all that.  But what I'm experiencing is something beyond that. I almost wonder if the generations since about ... 1970.. or perhaps the advent of mass communication, and onward through history and the creation of interconnected technologies, et al, have an unfair theft of their time because of all that distraction that previous generations going back to the beginning of time never had to endure. Just a theory...

Archived