Weathernoob335
Model Mayhem VII

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup. Great tourney . Stayed in Devens 

The cold was tough .. especially yesterday with the wind.

You must have had a hard time hiding the pants tent with those piles behind you as I am pretty sure that get one every time you are working on your piles at home.  It's a shame that they had to clear the field though. They should have just played through.

8 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

You must have had a hard time hiding the pants tent with those piles behind you as I am pretty sure that get one every time you are working on your piles at home.  It's a shame that they had to clear the field though. They should have just played through.

It definitely was surreal with all the deep snowpack and banks. First game was 17 degrees Sat Am.. prob won't ever experience a scene like that again with the snow and soccer all at once 

Yeah ... I actually would suggest the big warm up on Saturday is in trouble on this run...  if not in reality, too.

There's just too much curved flow construct and attended confluence(s) regions in the plate of spaghetti over Canada to trust a fragile warm sector will blithely reach the St L. Seaway ...and this run closes the door on that idea for that region as is...  That's not a trivial resulting high about to rumble south under the rim of any ridging - case in point for discussion earlier actually.  

If for some reason the less than climatologically sound 66 F gets to Con NH on Saturday, whether it snows are not, that 24 hour change going forward is likely to be highly notable to put it 'mildly' 

1 minute ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Kevin has been asking for a crippling ice storm for how many years now?  Euro might interest him.  925 likely too cold though.

Getting that done during the day is going to be hard for SNE ...Not sure about central NE though -

I know there was a pretty bad one in early April out in NYS some years ago.  Wonder how much of that was at night...  

Yeah, i'd like to know what circumstances were conditional leading to that CT thing last year...  

If we are marginal with 31 F glazing at dawn and only have vaguely supportive DP air draining in ... at this time of year that's 34 ...35 easily not too long later.

Must have been some pretty rare contributing factors.  

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Wait ... are you guys talking about snow or ice ?

Both....the Euro had snow in the pike region but sleet/ice south of there. Not that the parsing of 20 miles matters at this time lead...but for entertainment purposes, it was showing a very strong low level cold push undercutting a bit of a warm layer aloft.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Both....the Euro had snow in the pike region but sleet/ice south of there. Not that the parsing of 20 miles matters at this time lead...but for entertainment purposes, it was showing a very strong low level cold push undercutting a bit of a warm layer aloft.

yeah i gathered since i asked...word. 

Heh...  

it's almost like no matter what Kevin says ...the exact opposite is actually true.  I can't like ever recall Keven saying anything, and having Ryan or Scott or whomever actually say, "...yeah, pretty interesting how that was true"   - actually always the wrong way..

43 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Getting that done during the day is going to be hard for SNE ...Not sure about central NE though -

I know there was a pretty bad one in early April out in NYS some years ago.  Wonder how much of that was at night...  

I'm guessing this one April 2003:

http://cbs6albany.com/weather/historical-data

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The cold april storm last year was def during the day...April 4th. That was the one where there was powder falling and sticking to roads midday at the Boston seaport. I remember posting this pic:

Apr4_snow.jpg

There was another Napril snowfall last year then. It came at night and thumped a quick 3-4". That's the one I was thinking of 

15 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh...  

it's almost like no matter what Kevin says ...the exact opposite is actually true.  I can't like ever recall Keven saying anything, and having Ryan or Scott or whomever actually say, "...yeah, pretty interesting how that was true"   - actually always the wrong way..

lol - he is almost always wrong.

I could be wrong though... I remembered it being during the day but I have a bad storm memory. I do remember busting with that forecast though. 

Archived