Newest Member
    joxey
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

While RGEM taints, it's a snow blitz.  Man what a thump.  Still 12"+ for most.

Yeah I was just going to post this. Still an easy 12''+ front-ender for lots of those who taint and a 12-18'' then dryslot for those who don't. 

Just now, SR Airglow said:

12z RGEM.

Not going into panic mode on that one. Basically model madness time. There has been a fair "consensus" (using the term broadly) that this baby is going to go close to the canal give of take a few miles (elbow=east; narragansett bay-->pym= west). Still expecting that barring a major change in the globals. 

But, I'm no met and I don't know what a major amp up might mean in terms of rain/snow line, taint.

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

While RGEM taints, it's a snow blitz.  Man what a thump.  Still 12"+ for most.

The WCB on some of these runs is almost not believable...like 4 inches per hour stuff for 3 hours....I know it's plausible, but it's hard to actually think that will happen.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dud huh, lol geezus

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

I dunno, as someone who lives in a supposed "screw zone" with potential taint down in Hingham, I'd be perfectly happy getting 10-12."  That's a solid storm and gravy when you consider I was walking around the playground with my kids, looking at a bare ground and not wearing a jacket last Wednesday.

Great to see points north and west of the recent SNE snow capital otherwise known as the South Shore get in on the action!

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The WCB on some of these runs is almost not believable...like 4 inches per hour stuff for 3 hours....I know it's plausible, but it's hard to actually think that will happen.

Too many models have it. I guess it's time to start believing it. There will be some sick hourly precip totals from the ASOS sites with the weighing gauges...P0030 type obs if the models are correct.

I also agree with Will that we should wait on the globals plowing this through Brockton before hand-wringing about the NAM and RGEM. Wouldn't be surprising if they're overdone. Split the difference between the NAM/RGEM and the GFS/Euro and most are happy. 

Just now, dendrite said:

Too many models have it. I guess it's time to start believing it. There will be some sick hourly precip totals from the ASOS sites with the weighing gauges...P0030 type obs if the models are correct.

Yeah not every single model can be that wrong on it.  You'll be dropping 0.75" QPF in 3-hours over a big area. 

The type of stuff where life in SNE just comes to a complete halt during it.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I just envision a freight train hitting a concrete bunker.  This is a really good antecedent airmass for the time of year and we have a strong southern stream riding up into it.  Radar will be impressive.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Oh I know it's gonna be crazy, but I'm wondering if it's still somewhat overdone. Like these are 3 hourly rates near an inch of QPF. I wonder if it ends up being more like 0.17 per hour stuff. I dunno, still got time to figure that out.

Archived