Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah that's why I was thinking the GFS was too low with QPF to the north and west.  Its very tilted with height.

Interesting the wind field says far interior 700 track, heights say over PWM.

Either way, when those mid levels start deepening someone in the Conway area would be getting some hefty rates.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

All those model ticks overnight and not one "Congrats Dendrite!"

It's interesting that the GFS is so sloped with the low. Surface over ACK, 850 mb over or just NW of the Canal, 700 mb way NW through the interior. But that suggests strengthening through the area, as it hasn't stacked and occluded yet.

Berks Maine NH VT big big snows with upslope after too, major ski industry boost with a decidedly wintry period for a while 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

You'll be Pony-O deep in powder.

Ha yeah I'm totally joking.

I think everyone does well.  Even those that mix will get 10"+ of front-ender IF it even mixes at all.

This will be one of the more widespread winter storms the northeast has seen in a long time in terms of its reach of 6"+ snowfall. 

Just now, OceanStWx said:

The hi-res guidance (HRRR, NCAR, etc) all showing 18-24" for ORH Hills into the Monadnocks by 8 pm tomorrow. Probably a little too juicy on the QPF, but gives you an idea anyway.

Lol.

What does it show for BOS?

Just now, OceanStWx said:

The hi-res guidance (HRRR, NCAR, etc) all showing 18-24" for ORH Hills into the Monadnocks by 8 pm tomorrow. Probably a little too juicy on the QPF, but gives you an idea anyway.

The 3km and 4km models should be fun once they get into range.

They love to go gang-busters with precip when you add the wind, orographics and on-shore flow.

Bet they'll start printing some like 2-3" QPF amounts in like 12 hours, lol.

Just now, BRSno said:

You think we manage that much before the change/dryslot? Are you considering high ration stuff at first, or just insane dumpage for a few hours that gets us there? Either way, lock it in B)

I'd say about 90% of what fall will be snow in the BOS Metro area points N & W.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha yeah I'm totally joking.

I think everyone does well.  Even those that mix will get 10"+ of front-ender IF it even mixes at all.

This will be one of the more widespread winter storms the northeast has seen in a long time in terms of its reach of 6"+ snowfall. 

Yeah this is a good one for all. Finally. I'm happy for the interior. Big storm droughts are a curse. The worst. Congrats to those that have been left out.

Archived