Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 9th Coastal Obs

TalcottWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

These suckers keep regenerating and strengthening as they approach the coast....areas near BOS will end up with another couple inches of fluff from these

Feb9_621pmRadar.gif

What's causing the narrow mesoscale banding in there?  Like pencil thin stuff?  Fascinating.  If the wind direction was different I'd say ocean effect but it seems instability driven on radar.

5 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

That's OK. Back in 2004-05 when we lived in Sturbridge, we shoveled 17 times. Small driveway, but I eventually bought a blower.

When it's this deep it's difficult no denying. But I love getting out there and shoveling. Pile the banks high , neat, and deep. Probably when I get older. Where the plow piles 2 feet at end of driveway is tough 

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What's causing the narrow mesoscale banding in there?  Like pencil thin stuff?  Fascinating.  If the wind direction was different I'd say ocean effect but it seems instability driven on radar.

I have seen that before. I noticed that when the H5 s/w approaches and you have a bit of a TROWAL, you get these little instability bands. 

Archived