SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/14 - 15 Minor Snow and Ice Threat

Bob Chill

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great runs so far today! American models show a nice storm for all of us. The one concern I have is if you watch the progression of the cold air on the models. The timing is just about perfect for us. If that cold push is weaker or slower we could be in big trouble. But so far encouraging runs today.

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Warm layer on the GFS is 800-850mb. Looks like evaporational cooling drops D.C. and MD to all snow for a few hours at least and then we start pinging after. But 0.3-0.5" of qpf is pretty hefty.

Agree... but looks like DC sneaks by to get some good snows (as in over an inch)

9 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Yes. That's what I'm talking about. Me and Leesburg and Bristow approve. And Jeb too.

Yes..yes we do.  Although Jeb pointed out sleet is liking having a hot sister...it beats having an ugly sister...at least you can hit on her friends. 

15 minutes ago, mappy said:

looks good for wintry precip for you southerners again. of course, we know us MD-PA liners will squeeze out at least an inch or so ;) 

yeah we are just piling up the victories this winter.  after this event should be nearing an inch of snowfall so far this winter at my house.  I will be happy if it stays below 32 past noon on Saturday. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived