Newest Member
    joxey
January 7th/8th snowstorm obs/nowcast

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Any reports from metrowest -Natick , Framingham.Sherborn Medfield area?  I know they were under some decent bands earlier. Want to know what I am looking at for shoveling tomorrow.

I'm in Framingham. Wind has picked up blowing snow around quite a bit but last measurement was close to 7".

5 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

4.5" should do it here in West Hartford

Got roughly the same amount here in Western Essex County, about 12 miles WNW of Manhattan.  Knife edge for sure and lucked out with the back edge stopping literally on my doorstep for a while, probably a few towns west of here got half my total.

Glad I kept pace with many of the CT peeps!

24 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I think I have 9+ now and snowing again half decently.  I was in the metro west band most of the day.

Exactly I think I was sitting on the eastern fringe of the metrowest band for hours... but probably not too far behind you, my guess is around 7-8" now but I'll measure in a bit. It seemed Boston proper was flanked by the better returns for a while today, so wouldn't be surprised to see KBOS come in around 7-8" (a few inches lower than metrowest and obviously the south shore) when all is said and done.

And to echo others: really wishing you the best with the hand. Nothing like an injury out of the blue. Agree with ice / nsaids / imaging if it doesn't get better early this week, but hopefully it's just a bruise! We wouldn't be true weenies without battle scars to show for it.

Archived