Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 7th/8th snowstorm obs/nowcast

TauntonBlizzard2013

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I agreed, but at the last moment, caved.....at least I didn't go nuts....I mean, my range is close to verifying on the low end. 

I got all giddy yesterday and last night at some models (NAM especially) and soothing words by folks on here...yeah, youlll get 6".  Maybe 6-10"

Then the NWS throws 3-7" plus 2-4" in my point and click and I'm cooked

Should have stuck with my original 2-3" instead of going 5-7" here

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad storm.

15.5" As of 1130... we averaged over an inch per hour since it began snowing.

Considering this was a scrape at best for most of the last week...I'll take it and run.

Unfortunately, not everyone got in on the fun. That's the way it goes though, can't win em all. This area has seen very little snow up to this point. Made up for that today

3 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

This storm was great for one reason personally. I was busy all day yesterday and didn't know about the NW trends until it practically started snowing.

You're like the first tweet that shows up on Google when you search Celtics...congrats.

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah... turned out to be a good one. Had some solid periods of 2-3 per hour snows.

Glad you guys back in NYC ended up getting in on this. Considering this was a miss for pretty much everyone until Thursday.... not bad at all 

Yeah man those last minute westward ticks helped us out here. Feels good to be above normal lol. On to the next one.

Archived