Newest Member
    joxey
January 7th/8th snowstorm obs/nowcast

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I hate that excuse. If it's snowing and the roads are slick, then slow down. You don't need a weatherman to tell you how to drive.

we had a big one in NH too on 93 south in the death valley portion between exits 3 and 4. Probably a few morons going 85mph coming from up north and hitting the snow accums in S NH like a wall. 

I'm just speculating here but i do know people were not expecting nearly the amount that has fallen so far. Whether or not that was factoring in to how they were driving, who knows. But yes i agree regardless of the predictions you should drive much slower than the speed LIMIT or better yet, not go out at all. 

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I'm just speculating here but i do know people were not expecting nearly the amount that has fallen so far. Whether or not that was factoring in to how they were driving, who knows. But yes i agree regardless of the predictions you should drive much slower than the speed LIMIT or better yet, not go out at all. 

i had someone on rt 8 in Waterbury in the middle of the highway, doing 10mph with hazards on... seriously!!! if you're afraid of driving in this stuff, stay home, can't stress that enough!!

We're easily at 10" here now. Snow is just dumping at the moment. There definitely is some convergence going on along the South Shore as heavy snow is just lining up right along that coastal front and being squeezed out.  If this keeps up for another few hours I can easily see us getting over a foot, with even more to the south.

Archived