Newest Member
    joxey
January 7th/8th snowstorm obs/nowcast

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Everything is relative....frustrating to see large strikes oscillate to the south and north for two years. But nothing you can do.

I will say to Eyewall's point I think the big storm drought in western New England back to the Albany area has been going on for up to 5 years.  So you may be frustrated with two years but give it another couple to reach his levels, lol.

Anyway, ya'll enjoy the snow.  Remember nothing was going to fall even 36-48 hours ago.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Ya gotta stop haha.  

Coastals and WNE have not been a good match as of late.  Sea of shattered dendrites here right now less than .5"   My expectations with this one were quite low so doesn't sting as much to get shut out but I'm a little irked nothing for my local ski areas (B'East, Stratton, Snow) since I have Mon-Tues free.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I will say to Eyewall's point I think the big storm drought in western New England back to the Albany area has been going on for up to 5 years.  So you may be frustrated with two years but give it another couple to reach his levels, lol.

Anyway, ya'll enjoy the snow.  Remember nothing was going to fall even 36-48 hours ago.

Oh, I'm not comparing....worse there. Hands down 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It is very burst here with the OES stuff. Like squalls. It would get dark and 100yd vis ensure, then 1/4Sm and then back to 1/4SM. 

Such cool meso-scale meteorology there with the onshore flow, speed convergence on-shore, coastal front mechanics, OES, all happening under the synoptic lift.

Archived