joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/5/17 to 1/8/17 Obs Thread

MN Transplant

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the pivot is going to help us much longer it needs to get going. You can see the bands feeding to the NNW from West of Richmond up towards Warrenton.  But the western edge of the precip field is moving eastward fast.  Precip line is already east of Leesburg.  Sky has lightened considerably in the last 30 mins... 

Amazingly haven't lost the roads in my area ... even at 19 degrees. They had salted the roads 3 times between yesterday and this morning tho. Slowly losing them now and probably will in the next 30 minutes if this keeps up.

Heaviest snow yet... +SN and probably at half an inch or so now. Will measure when it is done.

5 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

Flake size has really diminished here in fairfax.  Looking at the radar, I may eventually be too far NW of the moisture, but those in a line from DC to Balt and East look to be in a good spot for this nice band of snow during the pivot. 

My turn

1 minute ago, NovaTarHeel said:

Enjoy!  That was by far the heaviest snow i'd seen since the blizzard.  Big ole flakes. 

trying to, really am trying to...every single band has been breaking up just west of I-95. I'm also trying to find ways to give more positive vibes despite all this.

5 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

trying to, really am trying to...every single band has been breaking up just west of I-95. I'm also trying to find ways to give more positive vibes despite all this.

It's been ripping dendrites here with the first band, a small lull, but its been dendrites again for the last 10 -15 minutes with this latest band.  Surprised you aren't getting the same.

8 minutes ago, nj2va said:

It's been ripping dendrites here with the first band, a small lull, but its been dendrites again for the last 10 -15 minutes with this latest band.  Surprised you aren't getting the same.

You can see on the radar loop how imby has consistently been drier as the bands slice through the hot lanes. I'd eyeball .25" (I never like to do that, so not to scale)

eta: wow was I wrong...spotter report being submitted! I'll update when I know for sure it's over.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived