joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/5/17 to 1/8/17 Obs Thread

MN Transplant

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still lgt snow. Almost 2pm. Been snowing since around 430am. Maybe 1.5 to finish. Havent checked in an hour. 90% of that came in 60 minutes earlier today. Back edge slowed down a lot. At least its a nice scene with snow falling for much of the daylight hrs. It was fun to track...ups and downs...but the payout fell a bit short. 7 days of fun plus event= Grade: C+ 

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm shocked you don't have an inch. How do you measure?

I actually measured on several different surfaces. Top of the recycling can seemed to be the most undisturbed. Other spots had less (.5-.75). The only place I could get an inch was where snow had piled up against a fencepost or something.

We didn't get the time under a strong band that DC did. We were the first to get that deathband but by the time it got to DC it was twice the size.

5 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I actually measured on several different surfaces. Top of the recycling can seemed to be the most undisturbed. Other spots had less (.5-.75). The only place I could get an inch was where snow had piled up against a fencepost or something.

We didn't get the time under a strong band that DC did. We were the first to get that deathband but by the time it got to DC it was twice the size.

You must have been just north of the Bethesda band.

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm so sad now :(

It looked like you were doing well earlier. One day, we'll actually get a snow event that'll make you feel like you've moved to heaven. 

Here, I literally went from nothing to just over an inch in like two hours. My only question is where the heck was that kind of juice earlier!

Storm was clearly further off the coast based on surface obs. Plus when dews dropped into the single digits, that was the tip, in retrospect,  that we were close to done on this one. C'est la vie.

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm so sad now :(

It looked like you were doing well earlier. One day, we'll actually get a snow event that'll make you feel like you've moved to heaven. 

Here, I literally went from nothing to just over an inch in like two hours. My only question is where the heck was that kind of juice earlier!

Don't be sad, this was a blast! If the stuff from the first wave hadn't melted I'd be well above an inch!

This is heaven :) everything is white!

1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

Don't be sad, this was a blast! If the stuff from the first wave hadn't melted I'd be well above an inch!

This is heaven :) everything is white!

especially considering what's to follow! Let's enjoy the wintry landscape for as long as we can.

Less than 1 inch in Fairfax near Fair Oaks.  It's better than the flurries we got on Thursday afternoon, but ....

My parents have a couple of inches in Waldorf and it's still snowing.  It's been a really fun storm to track and at least we got something out of it.  Glad someone is cashing in southern VA and parts of NC.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived