joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/5/17 to 1/8/17 Obs Thread

MN Transplant

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Measured 1" and snowing moderately stll. The radar looks like it might keep feeding into the area from the sw for another hour or so. Fingers crossed, psu mentioned the folks in the 0.25" can sometimes luck out and get into a deform band.

This stuff is definitely high ratio dendrites too, good for maximizing qpf.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just now, Joshfsu123 said:

Amazing out... adding up quickly. Hope it can stick around for another hour... just missed out on this stuff this morning by 20 miles or so... Glad to get something.

SN (19/19)

we have at least another hour...probably 2 hours.  Though not sure it will be heavy rates the entire time...

4 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

we have at least another hour...probably 2 hours.  Though not sure it will be heavy rates the entire time...

Yeah, that's fine with me. haha. I am in the re-developed heavy band in SE DC now... huge flakes and +SN rates. Looks like another heavy band is forming in NW DC. If this goes two hours, should easily make an inch.

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

That's not actually where I live, I live in the snow capital that is the NW section, which looks like it's been getting hit pretty hard. Looking forward to getting a measurement.

Smart

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived