Welcome to American Weather
  • Announcements

• Wow

SUBSCRIPTION DRIVE 2017   01/09/2017

As you may have noticed, many of you are receiving renewal notices for subscriptions.  Over the past year we have upgraded our board software and one of our dedicated servers to help speed things up.  Plans for this year are to upgrade further to make everything even faster and more reliable. If we meet our goal of $10,000 in subscription sales this winter, all members with a Super ($50) subscription or higher will receive a free American Weather T-shirt.  Additional details will follow if we make our goal!
H2O

January Obs and Disco

216 posts in this topic

was hoping the rain today would have held off this morning to allow for getting the Xmas lights down.  water+electricity=DYI defibrillator 

On the horizon if you are a believer:

GFS

SN_000-120_0000.gif

At 120 on the GDPS

PT_PN_120_0000.gif

At 132 on the GDPS

PT_PN_132_0000.gif

mgram_precip_Washington.png

18 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

First real soaker in months. .89 so far since it began over night. 42 degrees. 

Yeah, this is the radar that I wanted in early Fall.

Didn't bother checking the gage this AM, but nearby PWSs show range of .60 - .85".  Solid soaker.  Definitely a bad weather day to come off an extended vacation; perfect sleeping weather.  

Who am I kidding, the kids would have still been up at the crack of dawn anyway.

Cold and windy with some snow in the ground. They should close school tomorrow. Too dangerous.

33 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Cold and windy with some snow in the ground. They should close school tomorrow. Too dangerous.

Haha - I take your point in good jest...   Reminds me of growing up in Ohio.  Had to be -20F or colder, or 8-10" of snow or more, or a combination of both in order for our schools to close.  But that was a different era for sure, before the same overzealous legal situation developed that we have these days to cry foul at the drop of a hat.  Can only imagine that FF Co School leadership is wringing their hands as to what to do tomorrow. 

Nice and nippy out there today.  Have not gotten above 20F all day.  A bit under-performing based on forecasts...