joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, griteater said:

Fully agree.  It's a little colder this run.  Looks like a good storm for those areas

Is it just me or has the UKMET really led the way on this thing?  It's always been more amped and cold.  Any reason not to put more faith in it than others?  

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It appears better off to the east of ATL, but they are not in a bad spot

I'm more worried about the cold air dive than the precip. amounts honestly....the low track of north central Florida is prime for the line of cities I mentioned. I feel like this will be a moist storm....

4 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

That is pretty close to a classic RDU snowstorm track.

Agree.  Good trends today for CLT and RDU so far.  HPC discussion overnight made mention of the Euro being the most amped solution

"THE ECMWF IS THE MOST AMPLIFIED SOLUTION... THUS ALLOWING MUCH MORE MOISTURE RETURN AND SCOURING THE LOW LEVELS OUT QUICKER"

4 minutes ago, SnowNiner said:

Is it just me or has the UKMET really led the way on this thing?  It's always been more amped and cold.  Any reason not to put more faith in it than others?  

The UK has been the first to show the general idea for several different storms the last few years. However, if memory serves it doesn't have as good of a track record fine tuning details from 3 days in or so.

5 minutes ago, SnowNiner said:

It led the way with the cold press when the other models were dropping it.  It had some issues with the Pac wave coming out.  One run it left it completely out off the Oregon coast.  Another run it brought it in way north into Montana.  Other than those 2 things, it's done quite well.  It's maintained what looks to be the proper stream separation call for several runs now and has a moderate looking storm.  What's strange is that I can remember all of those things, but I can't remember what my wife asked me to grab at the grocery store.

4 minutes ago, rduwx said:

I agree Cold Rain... This track is usually good things for our area.

Yes.  We have a great play ready, talent lined up on the field, getting down and set to snap the ball.  Still time for the refs to blow a whistle for illegal formation though. B)

1 minute ago, Lookout said:

hush....that's not a laughing matter lol

12z uk is definitely colder than the 0z run. valid 12z friday. 

12z run

TT_GZ_UU_VV_048_0850.gif

0z run

TT_GZ_UU_VV_060_0850.gif

Need the UKMET/Euro to continue that colder trend and have precp. ramp up a little more for people west of SC/NC to get them in 

UKIE Deserves to be crowned champion and gets the belt after this one of it hangs on and verifies.been tracking this storm hard for over a week now and it has owned every other model, espeacilly the 5h pattern cold press last week when they all dropped it but the ukie. Also 1st to nail lp track along gulf Coast off ne florida coast. 

Great disco guys keep it up. Hate being swamped at work on days like today

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived