Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

1 minute ago, Hailstorm said:

Who the hell cares about weather outside of NYC? The city is where virtually all the action is at. Almost no one in the city would give a damn if Sleepy Hollow is experiencing a foot of snow, sub-zero temps or widespread school closings. If significant weather is not happening in NYC, it's not worth mentioning.

Dude, this is a weather forum, and not eveyone lives in the city.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Hailstorm said:

Who the hell cares about weather outside of NYC? The city is where virtually all the action is at. Almost no one in the city would give a damn if Sleepy Hollow is experiencing a foot of snow, sub-zero temps or widespread school closings. If significant weather is not happening in NYC, it's not worth mentioning.

I've been saying the same thing for years now.

1 hour ago, Hailstorm said:

What in the hell

2 hours ago, Hailstorm said:

Many people are saying that no one actually lives outside of NYC.

2 hours ago, Hailstorm said:

How ironic is this coming from a poster with your name, when hailstorms in NYC occur about as often as a direct hit from a tropical cyclone.

You really should get out of that rat infested, poluted, filthy concrete jungle more often.

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Who?

LOL

3 hours ago, forkyfork said:

i can't believe people still pay attention to JB

He's got quite the following, but he's poor in warm winters.  He's still hanging on for the elusive 10 day pattern change....seen that movie before.   

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:

I honestly think the guy is a legit wack job. 

His view on AGW are definitely out there, but I do believe he works hard and believes in what he's forecasting.   One has to realize his bias's (always looking for the cold in the pattern and grossing underdoing warmth) and go from there.  He's one piece of the puzzle.     One thing's for sure, when it's a great winter, there no one more on than him.  He rocked in 13-14 and 14-15.    This year he's taking a beating especially on temps.  (he's also taking a beating on social media as the wolves have turned on him given that it's 2/2 and the goods have yet to be delivered.)

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

LOL

He's got quite the following, but he's poor in warm winters.  He's still hanging on for the elusive 10 day pattern change....seen that movie before.   

His view on AGW are definitely out there, but I do believe he works hard and believes in what he's forecasting.   One has to realize his bias's (always looking for the cold in the pattern and grossing underdoing warmth) and go from there.  He's one piece of the puzzle.     One thing's for sure, when it's a great winter, there no one more on than him.  He rocked in 13-14 and 14-15.    This year he's taking a beating especially on temps.  (he's also taking a beating on social media as the wolves have turned on him given that it's 2/2 and the goods have yet to be delivered.)

It's because of his views on climate change that I ignore what he has to say on anything.

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

LOL

He just lets too much bias show through his forecasts.  It's like watching Hannity for your news source. 

14 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

I've followed him for 16 years.  He's called for ONE warm winter during that period.  (07-08).   

Pretty unconventional considering the AN background state. But I don't get the people that complain about him.  Like I said, he's like hannity. You know what you're going to get if you tune in. 

1 minute ago, pazzo83 said:

Kinda starting to feel like we're past the point of no return at this point.

Yep , ageee . Took me until Feb 1 to get there  . Should have seen it on Jan 1.

A wasted month of wishcasting.

Play ball.

• BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived