joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its just about time to throw in the towel on this winter. Overall some nickle and dime events with the exception of the early January storm (which wasn't big anyway) and the possibility of a post Superbowl Sunday storm the overall ugly pattern has been holding strong. Not sure we can break out of that for a good February/early March.

45 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Furthermore to the consistency of this winters pattern, we have received 2 1-inch events and 2 5-inch events with 2 plus week mild intervals. Tomorrow we could very well see 1 inch and Monday 5 inches. We should see one more period in March. Hopefully we all could benefit and reach average.

will we turn into pumpkins if we don't? 

50 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

I think its just about time to throw in the towel on this winter. Overall some nickle and dime events with the exception of the early January storm (which wasn't big anyway) and the possibility of a post Superbowl Sunday storm the overall ugly pattern has been holding strong. Not sure we can break out of that for a good February/early March.

I'm giving it 2 weeks...if we get to 2/15 and we've not gotten much in the snow dept and the pattern falls apart, it's over....

8 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

I'm giving it 2 weeks...if we get to 2/15 and we've not gotten much in the snow dept and the pattern falls apart, it's over....

I'm giving it till march 1st

and once march 1st comes I'll give it to April but April 1st is the last date I look for when it comes to snow! 

By than I'm tired of tracking and my brain starts hurting!

16 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

I'm giving it till march 1st

and once march 1st comes I'll give it to April but April 1st is the last date I look for when it comes to snow! 

By than I'm tired of tracking and my brain starts hurting!

clocks get turned ahead 3/12 give or take.  I'm usually done by then outside of hoping for a late season snowstorm that would be vaporized in 2 day anyway.

Since going back to eastern and the old bill Evans board I'm putting my first poster ever onto ignore. I love this board and I love this hobby but a few posters esp one or two on this board make it unbearable. Their one sided view points are directly trolling and they and the rest of the board know it. It's a shame because through the years we have lost many quality posters. Sorry for the rant but it's true and if this winter wasn't annoying enough having too listen to two people who obviously know a lot about meteorology but only display their one sided arguments to troll a freakin weather board welcome to ignore. 

26 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

clocks get turned ahead 3/12 give or take.  I'm usually done by then outside of hoping for a late season snowstorm that would be vaporized in 2 day anyway.

We need a benchmark bomb that literally has the 970 millibar strength for us to get anything meaningful past February 15th in my opinion. The sun angle does start to hurt us past that date I think. We need a low that has a Explosive cyclogenesis (also referred to as a weather bomb, meteorological bomb, explosive development, or bombogenesis) refers in a strict sense to a rapidly deepening extratropical cyclonic low-pressure area. Good luck with that lol. It could happen though you never know!

7 hours ago, Snowshack said:

Similar scenes at Gore Mountain this weekend...felt wintry although the lakes are not as solid as should be expected this time of year (my son broke through a pond attempting to do some ice fishing)

IMG_3431.JPG

Sweet, looks like Gore had a similar freezing line as Stratton. Above the line it's rime city and below nothing on the trees at all. Rime is both fascinating and beautiful!

2 hours ago, swamplover56 said:

Since going back to eastern and the old bill Evans board I'm putting my first poster ever onto ignore. I love this board and I love this hobby but a few posters esp one or two on this board make it unbearable. Their one sided view points are directly trolling and they and the rest of the board know it. It's a shame because through the years we have lost many quality posters. Sorry for the rant but it's true and if this winter wasn't annoying enough having too listen to two people who obviously know a lot about meteorology but only display their one sided arguments to troll a freakin weather board welcome to ignore. 

Was my first weather board.   Do you remember Frank and Tom?

And yes I agree with your post but it goes for warm and cold weenie alike.

5 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Sweet, looks like Gore had a similar freezing line as Stratton. Above the line it's rime city and below nothing on the trees at all. Rime is both fascinating and beautiful!

Yeah I'd say that rime line was around 2000' at gore.  But even at our cabin a few miles away at 1300' there was around 12" of dense snowpack otg.  Good base for winter fun.  One of those years where you just have to travel to get the goods.  

3 hours ago, Rtd208 said:

Yeah, two thirds through met winter it's safe to say this isn't a snowpack/sustained cold year.  But what is there to throw the towel in on?  Might as well still track and watch anything left to come.  

21 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Was my first weather board.   Do you remember Frank and Tom?

And yes I agree with your post but it goes for warm and cold weenie alike.

Yup that was a good board. Frank was still in high school then in 09 wax, stripe, Tom always snow holed tracked many good storms over there. 

You know I love this site and I have to be completely honest with you, I love all of you on here even ClK and snowman19. I have a story to tell you because that person that saved my life told me to spread it to people so what better way than the people I talk to everyday. This isn't a weather story, but please read it.

some of you guys know that I just recently got married and the ones that do know that well I'd like to tell you I've had my share of problems with my wife even before we tied the knot. I've always been naive when it came to serious relationships but I was getting old and I really loved my wife the day I met her I fell in love with her! I've had feelings for her ever since. Well make the long story short we argued tonight a lot and pushed and shoved each other a bit and she said she was leaving me, I went outside chasing her downstairs to change her mind cause I'm in love with her obviously and even cried a bit I can't lie (p*ssy sh*t) but I did, I was so depressed she pretended to call the cops and I was in my shorts and slippers with a north face outside and I was literally frozen for an hour she wouldn't open her car door not even look at me but she was scrolling through her Instagram. Anyway I did cry a bit more (p*$$y $h*t) again but I'm in love and I admit it and she wouldn't budge. I've been suffering from depression and I recently got laid off from work and the wedding my family and I spent over $95,000 was going down the hill literally a few months later. I've hit rock bottom tonight no matter what. So I spoke to God himself and I said I give up on you and literally minutes later (mind you I'm frozen at this point) I decided I wanted to die tonight and run in front of a car... so I did I literally ran in front of an incoming car but the car maneuvered and didn't hit me and I was mad I didn't get hit cause I literally was ready to go to hell. Anyway the guy that was driving this truck reversed and he got out of the car and I was scared literally in tears knowing that I was ready to die comes out of his SUV and says I'll help you man. So he gave me a hug and told me that he was a pastor. He literally prayed with me and we said a few prayers together and I feel healed now. I took his card he's a pastor at a local church and I'm going to see his service soon for sure. I was never too religious but I believe in Christ now more than ever. Remember he died on the cross for our sins. He said he took all the evil off gave me his card and gave me a hug and wished me well and left. My legs were literally numb by now cause it's so cold tonight (currently 30 degrees) and I came upstairs to my place. My wife saw what happened, she came upstairs as soon as I run towards the incoming car which I don't blame her. It was stupid of me but I feel healed and I'm currently in bed and I feel great and even my wife is here with me and she was bothered at first but gave me a good night kiss and said we'll work it out and have a good night.  She's asleep as I'm writing to you guys. I really don't have too many friends but weather is my passion and this board has become like family so I just wanted to share my intervention!

thank you for reading it.

cant wait for the clipper tomorrow...

15 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

You know I love this site and I have to be completely honest with you, I love all of you on here even ClK and snowman19. I have a story to tell you because that person that saved my life told me to spread it to people so what better way than the people I talk to everyday. This isn't a weather story, but please read it.

some of you guys know that I just recently got married and the ones that do know that well I'd like to tell you I've had my share of problems with my wife even before we tied the knot. I've always been naive when it came to serious relationships but I was getting old and I really loved my wife the day I met her I fell in love with her! I've had feelings for her ever since. Well make the long story short we argued tonight a lot and pushed and shoved each other a bit and she said she was leaving me, I went outside chasing her downstairs to change her mind cause I'm in love with her obviously and even cried a bit I can't lie (p*ssy sh*t) but I did, I was so depressed she pretended to call the cops and I was in my shorts and slippers with a north face outside and I was literally frozen for an hour she wouldn't open her car door not even look at me but she was scrolling through her Instagram. Anyway I did cry a bit more (p*$$y $h*t) again but I'm in love and I admit it and she wouldn't budge. I've been suffering from depression and I recently got laid off from work and the wedding my family and I spent over $95,000 was going down the hill literally a few months later. I've hit rock bottom tonight no matter what. So I spoke to God himself and I said I give up on you and literally minutes later (mind you I'm frozen at this point) I decided I wanted to die tonight and run in front of a car... so I did I literally ran in front of an incoming car but the car maneuvered and didn't hit me and I was mad I didn't get hit cause I literally was ready to go to hell. Anyway the guy that was driving this truck reversed and he got out of the car and I was scared literally in tears knowing that I was ready to die comes out of his SUV and says I'll help you man. So he gave me a hug and told me that he was a pastor. He literally prayed with me and we said a few prayers together and I feel healed now. I took his card he's a pastor at a local church and I'm going to see his service soon for sure. I was never too religious but I believe in Christ now more than ever. Remember he died on the cross for our sins. He said he took all the evil off gave me his card and gave me a hug and wished me well and left. My legs were literally numb by now cause it's so cold tonight (currently 30 degrees) and I came upstairs to my place. My wife saw what happened, she came upstairs as soon as I run towards the incoming car which I don't blame her. It was stupid of me but I feel healed and I'm currently in bed and I feel great and even my wife is here with me and she was bothered at first but gave me a good night kiss and said we'll work it out and have a good night.  She's asleep as I'm writing to you guys. I really don't have too many friends but weather is my passion and this board has become like family so I just wanted to share my intervention!

Ummmmmmmmmmm

47 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Mind BLOWN !

7 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

Has anyone else noticed that the Wunderground site is frequently unusable?

I actually tweeted to them about it.  Those antarctica locations you mentioned have been going down a lot (likely wu lost connection).  After I tweeted them it went back up but then went back down again. Since this morning the outage seems to be more widespread.

I knew bad things were going to happen when TWC bought them ugh.

• BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived