• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

With all the EOF winter talk, I note that the CFS as shown on ACCUWEATHER PRO has heights below normal for MARCH on average, but that does not seem to yield much snow for us.   Heights also  seem BN for some months after that, so maybe we get a Bona-fide end to 23 straight AN months shortly.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope we cash in well with the Thursday storm if for no other reason than snowman19 will leave the board for a couple of weeks like he did with the blizzard last year. Guy is unbelievable just waits til any bit of anti snow info is available then jumps right in. Not a word about the nam or gefs run but give us a marginal gfs run there he is

1 hour ago, BombsAway1288 said:

That was a collapse of epic proportions. It's simple. Run the ball twice more and kick the FG, game over. Instead let's pass and take a sack to get out of FG range. Smh

This was the amazing part and truly awful coaching. You've got the ball at the 20 yard line with like 3:00 left. You should just run down the middle to minimize risk, to keep the clock moving, to keep the ball in the middle of the field. A FG makes it 11pts w 2:00 left, that's 2 possessions. Instead you get sacked (the same type of dangerous sack that led to the strip their last possession), then get a huge penalty and have to punt.

ATL had awful strategy, NE simply outcoached them...another example was the unnecessary timeouts that the Falcons took that made them run their last drive w no timeouts. The Pats cleverly guarded the sidelines and just made them throw short passes inbounds chewing up their clock. The Pats and Brady really showed why they're champions.

28 minutes ago, nzucker said:

This was the amazing part and truly awful coaching. You've got the ball at the 20 yard line with like 3:00 left. You should just run down the middle to minimize risk, to keep the clock moving, to keep the ball in the middle of the field. A FG makes it 11pts w 2:00 left, that's 2 possessions. Instead you get sacked (the same type of dangerous sack that led to the strip their last possession), then get a huge penalty and have to punt.

ATL had awful strategy, NE simply outcoached them...another example was the unnecessary timeouts that the Falcons took that made them run their last drive w no timeouts. The Pats cleverly guarded the sidelines and just made them throw short passes inbounds chewing up their clock. The Pats and Brady really showed why they're champions.

Congrats 49ers!

1 hour ago, nzucker said:

Exactly. There was no need to waste a TO by stupidly challenging the Edelman catch when it was clearly a catch. They could of used that last TO in the final minute with the ball. I'm a Jets fan so this was very hard to watch NE succeed again. I'm still smh

1 hour ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Exactly. There was no need to waste a TO by stupidly challenging the Edelman catch when it was clearly a catch. They could of used that last TO in the final minute with the ball. I'm a Jets fan so this was very hard to watch NE succeed again. I'm still smh

They burned a TO early in the 2nd half too.

I understand challenging the Edelman catch because it was a huge play, but their video guy should have seen that it was good and told the coach not to challenge. Very risky to lose your last TO.

Pats defended the Falcons last drive well seeing that they had no TOs...made ATL throw it into the flat and chew clock.

6 minutes ago, nzucker said:

I understand challenging the Edelman catch because it was a huge play, but their video guy should have seen that it was good and told the coach not to challenge. Very risky to lose your last TO.

Pats defended the Falcons last drive well seeing that they had no TOs...made ATL throw it into the flat and chew clock.

agree

24 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Most people from LI are Islander-Jets-Mets fans. It doesn't get much worse than that, unless you were around for the Isles in the early 80's.

Mets went to WS 2 years ago and could be playoff team 3 years straight for first time in their history this year.  Isles advanced to second round last year. It could actually be a lot worse. 

34 minutes ago, nzucker said:

NYJ season ticket holder here... so I know how you feel

8 minutes ago, Snowshack said:

Mets went to WS 2 years ago and could be playoff team 3 years straight for first time in their history this year.  Isles advanced to second round last year. It could actually be a lot worse. 

You call those accomplishments? :lol:

In my lifetime I've witnessed four super bowl championships, three Stanley Cup Championships and Five World Series Titles. I lost count at the amount of times a team of mine has made it to the finals and lost.

3 hours ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

NYJ season ticket holder here... so I know how you feel

I'm more of a Giants fan, and I couldn't be too upset. New England made an incredible comeback, Brady was brilliant, playcalling was tremendous.

The two best play calls were the direct snap to get the first 2pt conversion when everyone thought Brady would throw another pass...Brady faked the defense out by making it looked like a botched snap. Then the screen pass that set up the game winning touchdown after a few slant routes/outer shoulder passes.

Regardless of who won, it was a great Super Bowl for a sports fan. Just awesome strategy and coaching. And the story of a comeback from a classic champion, just like Federer at the Australian against Nadal. 

21 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

You call those accomplishments? :lol:

In my lifetime I've witnessed four super bowl championships, three Stanley Cup Championships and Five World Series Titles. I lost count at the amount of times a team of mine has made it to the finals and lost.

I didn't realize you were that old.

• BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived