• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Forum GTG- thanks for coming everyone! Great time!

Deck Pic

26 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Are you going to see a doctor before tomorrow? If not, things could get awkward. You should have seen one after that thing lasted longer than four hours.

Still hasn't gone down since I landed at Dulles the night before the blizzard. Doctor didn't want anything to do with it.

I just spoke to someone regarding parking for those wondering, garages A, B, and C along Maryland Avenue after passing by the restaurant. Map quest takes you around the block first, so stay on Maryland Avenue. lol

Looking forward to this!

21 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Kick them out ;)

I need to pick them up from the Glenmont metro at some point. They are busy doing the touristy thing. I may end up showing up with a non weather nerd friend. The garlic fries are enticing. And the nerds of course

It was a pleasure meeting everyone and putting some faces to the screen names. I really enjoyed the conversation and sharing weather stories. The garlic fries were awesome :)

I hit some intense rain as I headed north on 270 and observed some flash flooding between Germantown and Damascus - an exciting way to conclude a weather enthusiast gathering! Thanks to Matt for making the arrangements!

Thanks for coming everyone!  It was great to meet you all.  We have a really good group in this forum.  And events like this just confirm it. We'll do another next summer. And maybe even an interim impromptu model/snow watching party this winter.  Special shout-out to Always in Zugzwang for getting the ball rolling, and Wxdude64 and Demeter for each traveling over 2 hours to get there. 

1 hour ago, WestminsterDeathband said:

Thanks for coming everyone!  It was great to meet you all.  We have a really good group in this forum.  And events like this just confirm it. We'll do another next summer. And maybe even an interim impromptu model/snow watching party this winter.  Special shout-out to Always in Zugzwang for getting the ball rolling, and Wxdude64 and Demeter for each traveling over 2 hours to get there. 

I'm really sorry I couldn't be there. I just have some things happening in my life that prevented it.  I almost feel like I missed a family get together.

I had a great time, both with seeing many of you again and meeting some of you for the first time. It was a great pleasure and I hope we do something like this again.

For a weather gathering, the irony wasn't lost on the fact that I drove through pouring rain both ways. I went through a brief downpour on the way there, but on my way back it was absolutely insane, especially from Columbia northward, right into the Ellicott City downpours. I've never driven through anything that was both so heavy and persistent. 

Definitely a fun time!  What's better than getting with others who have the same crazy weather obsession?  Wish I would have been able to make it sooner to enjoy more conversation...but looking forward to next time. The people in this group are awesome!  

Thanks again Matt!

• H2O unpinned this topic
On 7/30/2016 at 7:42 PM, WestminsterDeathband said:

And thanks to you, Matt, for taking the initiative to get things organized.  Agreed, we have quite a good group in the MA forum.

It was a great time, enjoyed meeting and talking to many other weather enthusiasts!  I don't think I've seen such a high concentration of snow-lovers in one place before! :D

A good crowd, and was nice to have some people come from quite a ways just for the event.  Thanks to everyone who was able to make it, despite the heavy showers right when a lot of people were heading out.

Yes, a model/snow watching party might be fun in the winter.  I can envision it now:  a bunch of snow geeks at a bar somewhere, commandeering the use of one of the big-screen TVs.  We'd turn off whatever big game is on that weekend, switching it to a live view the radar loop and images of the latest Euro model.  We might just get thrown out of the place.  Especially if we showed the 84 hour NAM up there, hahaha!

4 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

And thanks to you, Matt, for taking the initiative to get things organized.  Agreed, we have quite a good group in the MA forum.

It was a great time, enjoyed meeting and talking to many other weather enthusiasts!  I don't think I've seen such a high concentration of snow-lovers in one place before! :D

A good crowd, and was nice to have some people come from quite a ways just for the event.  Thanks to everyone who was able to make it, despite the heavy showers right when a lot of people were heading out.

Yes, a model/snow watching party might be fun in the winter.  I can envision it now:  a bunch of snow geeks at a bar somewhere, commandeering the use of one of the big-screen TVs.  We'd turn off whatever big game is on that weekend, switching it to a live view the radar loop and images of the latest Euro model.  We might just get thrown out of the place.  Especially if we showed the 84 hour NAM up there, hahaha!

LOL, sounds like an awesome plan!

Archived