12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
June 2016 General Discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was left of the outflow from the storms up north just belched through here.  Extremely shallow boundary that will very quickly mix out later tonight.  Looking like a scorcher tomorrow.  Mid 90s again, but this time dews may be a bit higher with the east/west cool front closer to the DVN cwa.  Storms will likely stay north again tomorrow night.  

Praying nothing like it for Midwestern Ontario. Not certain but last June IMBY it was very wet too and that along with the terrible day-to-day conditions made it the worst June I've ever experienced. If its all from storms I'm good with that however.

Last June was a total abomination.

Although temps technically ended up around average with warm overnight lows, it was one of (if not) the cloudiest on record and had well above-average rainfall.

Based on the med/long range outlook as of now, this June is looking much better in comparison.

Last June was a total abomination.

Although temps technically ended up around average with warm overnight lows, it was one of (if not the) cloudiest on record and had well above-average rainfall.

Based on the med/long range outlook as of now, this June is looking much better in comparison.

Last June finished -0.6F and was the cloudiest on record at Detroit.

The HRRR last evening was right about the central Iowa storms strengthening and diving into southern Iowa(no mets had it holding together past northern iowa). Unfortunately, the eastern part of the line began to weaken and go bubbly just as it reached me.  I picked up 0.36" of rain.  There wasn't much wind or thunder.  Through yesterday afternoon 

I was afraid of that. In the meantime, I like where I sit for some action this week.

But you kind of need the death ridge though in order to guarantee action, at least in our neck of the woods. Otherwise, you have issues with building and sustaining sufficient amounts of instability.  

So it's a "pick your poison" type of thing.

But you kind of need the death ridge though in order to guarantee action, at least in our neck of the woods. Otherwise, you have issues with building and sustaining sufficient amounts of instability.  

So it's a "pick your poison" type of thing.

I enjoy being on the peripheral areas of the ridge, but I thought Alek was referring to dome of the highest heights sitting right overhead. Guess I'll have to get unlazy and check them out for myself.

I enjoy being on the peripheral areas of the ridge, but I thought Alek was referring to dome of the highest heights sitting right overhead. Guess I'll have to get unlazy and check them out for myself.

The EURO shows that verbatim.

But given the nature of convection (how the boundaries always end up further SW than progged and thus the heights always end up being flatter than progged), I'll take my chances with the done of the highest heights sitting overhead this far out. 

We're more on the periphery from what I saw, at least on the GFS.

Highly doubt any site gets above 95.

HRRR is running a little warm right now but has some 97-98 degree readings later.  As long as clouds hold off, don't think it's much of a stretch that we see somebody hit 96 or 97.  I think around MDW southward toward me would be the area with the best chance.

HRRR is running a little warm right now but has some 97-98 degree readings later. As long as clouds hold off, don't think it's much of a stretch that we see somebody hit 96 or 97. I think around MDW southward toward me would be the area with the best chance.

It was showing temps near 100 yesterday.

It's useless in this case.

UA temps are a bit warmer, which might tack on a degree or two from yesterday. There's also cirrus to contend with today though...so it could be a wash.

Archived