Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2016 General Discussion

Hoosier

Sweet!!

Thanks man, gonna keep me busy the rest of the evening lol.  I'm blown away at how big just the rain gauge is.  Bigger than the current station just by itself lol.

MLI set a new record high today of 96.  Beat the old record from way back in 1894 by 2 degrees.  Weather station here shows 95, which was probably more like 92-93.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe a met can chime in on this but looking at the progs for this weekend/early next week and then farther out toward the end of the month, this upper level ridge looks pretty impressive in terms of the large, at times almost coast to coast area of 594+ dm heights. It seems to me like it may not be all that common to have such a huge area of very high heights in the lower 48?

Maybe a met can chime in on this but looking at the progs for this weekend/early next week and then farther out toward the end of the month, this upper level ridge looks pretty impressive in terms of the large, at times almost coast to coast area of 594+ dm heights. It seems to me like it may not be all that common to have such a huge area of very high heights in the lower 48?

Not something I have seen in a while other than I believe 2010 had a period like that in July. Here is mid month July 2010:

072021.png

Roads buckling out here today, as well as lake shore drive in the city.

Holy cow. Nothing like that around here.

Looks like an earthquake happened! :lol:

Someone slacked on cutting an extra expansion joint.

Fairly significant expansion of D0 on the latest update.  These areas have racked up some decent precip deficits over the past 30-60 days.

attachicon.gif20160614_midwest_trd.png

attachicon.gif30dPNormMRCC.png

attachicon.gif60dPNormMRCC.png

Yep - mby's in the darkest red stripe running up through SP of Mich. Surprised it's as green as it is looking at those deficits - yikes

New CPC seasonal drought outlook is out.  They mention the possibility of drought development but aren't going with it yet due to potential of a wetter pattern developing later

Although drought development or expansion is also possible during the next several weeks due to expected dry and warm weather (e.g. flash drought) in parts of the north-central Plains (D0-D2), Midwest (only D0 in the latest USDM), and Southeast (D0-D2), the possibility of wetter conditions later this summer prevented a SDO forecast (valid Sep. 30) of drought expansion in these regions

post-14-0-38472800-1466186781_thumb.png

Archived