SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2016 General Discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ended up with 1.88" total for the day.  Seems like a lot, but considering the setup we could have really been dumped on.  Glad we escaped without anything too ridiculous.

Had a few tornadic sups develop and roll through the immediate area earlier.  Looks like a weak couplet passed just south of town, and that's the one that later dropped a few tornadoes.  

Yesterday's rainfall pushed the monthly total to a healthy 6.65", corn took off like wildfire this week. Man we have been on an insane stretch of very wet June's since 2013.

Today was miserable, walking into work at 8AM the HI was already 90, and felt like a sauna. Was kind of mad to be shut out last night, especially sitting on an enhanced risk, but hey win some lose some. We never do good in those set ups.

I can't believe next week starts July already.

Yesterday's rainfall pushed the monthly total to a healthy 6.65", corn took off like wildfire this week. Man we have been on an insane stretch of very wet June's since 2013.

Today was miserable, walking into work at 8AM the HI was already 90, and felt like a sauna. Was kind of mad to be shut out last night, especially sitting on an enhanced risk, but hey win some lose some. We never do good in those set ups.

I can't believe next week starts July already.

Chambana, aren't you near Peoria? I can't tell, since the location tagline doesn't seem to be active any more. It seems like Peoria has been a magnet for severe storms in some years.

Wildfire is growing like corn around here.

Chambana, aren't you near Peoria? I can't tell, since the location tagline doesn't seem to be active any more. It seems like Peoria has been a magnet for severe storms in some years.

Wildfire is growing like corn around here.

I'm about an hour SE of Peoria. In Champaign-Urbana. Yeah they have had the hot hand up there. Last summer they were underwater. In fact I think the Illinois river is still recovering from the record breaking rainfall last summer, and then again in December.

Today the lawns might look slightly better, but once it gets sunny again it's going to start looking dry and crispy. D0 conditions on the way probably...

Decent amounts of brown here. Seems like substantially different conditions between here and what Alek is describing.

PANIC, haha. Your area is fine, the area up this way though needs .

The rain last night helps. If the weekend doesn't produce, then we'll sort of be back to where we were as evaporation rates are pretty high at this time of year. The sunny/hot days don't help of course.

In a bit of a relative min here in northwest IN over the past 30 days, but have had more rain than your area.

post-14-0-69750700-1466732425_thumb.png

Archived