• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2016 General Discussion

Hoosier

DTW finishes June with 1.30", which is the 10th driest June on record. 0.99" of that fell on the 4th.

Imby, where only 0.41" fell on the 4th, I finish the month with 0.78". (Had that been the Detroit number it would be 2nd driest June on record)

MBY is probably closer to .25 to .50. DTW must have caught a lucky downpour.

Took this pic of the lawn at my old middle school.

post-7333-0-65238400-1467338315_thumb.jp

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My lawn will look like that soon^.

Can't seem to buy a decent rain. Getting missed to the north by some good downpours in Milwaukee tonight.

Month will end up with 1.41" of rain and 1.87° above normal.

Picked up 0.03" from a dying shower that drifted in from the north around 11pm.  That bumped us up to a final total of 6.47" for the month of June.  Rain really went out of it's way to avoid us today, but we don't need it at all anyway.  Corn is now well over 6ft tall in most fields, and is already tasseling.

Picked up 0.03" from a dying shower that drifted in from the north around 11pm.  That bumped us up to a final total of 6.47" for the month of June.  Rain really went out of it's way to avoid us today, but we don't need it at all anyway.  Corn is now well over 6ft tall in most fields, and is already tasseling.

Wow, that's crazy for July 1st. Only about half that height here. 

I haven't been out of the city in a while, so I haven't seen the corn, but I can't imagine the weather could've been any better for it over the last month.  We've had 80s to near 90 almost every day, with well-spaced soaking rain events.  I still occasionally hear people on tv say "knee high by the 4th of July", but that phrase has been pretty outdated for a while.

I haven't been out of the city in a while, so I haven't seen the corn, but I can't imagine the weather could've been any better for it over the last month.  We've had 80s to near 90 almost every day, with well-spaced soaking rain events.  I still occasionally hear people on tv say "knee high by the 4th of July", but that phrase has been pretty outdated for a while.

Oh yeah, big time.  Even in crappy years the corn is way higher than that by then. 

Archived