• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2016 General Discussion

Hoosier

0.82 in my tippy bucket. Was not a rain that my grandfather would have liked though. Most of that fell in 15 minutes. Way too much run-off when that happens. But the deficit was getting real and we will take what we got, gladly.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG I am seeing lightning from a cloud, is this real life?

In all seriousness though, got a cell moving toward me.

That was an insane light show to the south. It was pretty much nonstop for about 30-45 minutes, but it was so distant I didn't actually hear any thunder.

It was kind of awesome though, because the full moon started rising right above the thunderhead and eventually came out before the clouds moved in.

Dew of 56 right now is about 20 degrees less than what it was about 9hrs ago.  Feels quite nice out there.  

Looks like a great day on the way for tomorrow, with cooler temps in the mid 80s, and dews remaining sub 60.  Could get some loud late night boomers tomorrow night, and then the big question as to what happens here on Wed.  Good chance we get capped off with the main action staying north and east, but also a good chance the effective boundary hangs up a little further south.  Another question is the speed of the surface cyclone, as some models would have it far enough east that even if the boundary does hang up it would fire things off to the east.  Good chance that slows up some though, as it will be strengthening during the day.  If we do get capped off south of the front, we could really torch later in the day.  Mid 90s with high dews would be possible.

47 this morning.  The pollen is over the top... yellow covering everything.  need some drip drops!

This lack of rain has got my allergies going, especially at night.

Warm and not humid today. Dew point still in the 40s.

Heat held at bay tomorrow by storms and east winds.

nam4km_T2m_ncus_33.png

2.15" of rain on the month, with over half falling in one evening last week. Need the rain, but as is often the case, tonight/tomorrow will likely be a too much/too fast event.

Yeah, with over 3" in less than a day last week we really don't need this flash flood potential.  Corn is going absolutely ape**** the last few weeks.  Now 5-6ft in most fields.  Gone are the days when knee high by the 4th of July applied.  It'll probably be 10ft tall by then lol.

OMG I am seeing lightning from a cloud, is this real life?

In all seriousness though, got a cell moving toward me.

Was this from the cell that transitioned into Ontario? The radar was pretty clear besides that cell at the time so I figured it must be the highly elevated tops of that cell. The fact that Itheilz was seeing it south of him makes me question it. Either way, that lighting was clear was from Mid-Macomb... looking forward to tomorrow though. It doesn't look that exciting up this way, but it should be fun to watch the excitement of posters from IN, IL, OH.

Was this from the cell that transitioned into Ontario? The radar was pretty clear besides that cell at the time so I figured it must be the highly elevated tops of that cell. The fact that Itheilz was seeing it south of him makes me question it. Either way, that lighting was clear was from Mid-Macomb... looking forward to tomorrow though. It doesn't look that exciting up this way, but it should be fun to watch the excitement of posters from IN, IL, OH.

There were two clusters of storms, one just north of the Ohio border and another that dove down from the thumb area to around Port Huron.

There were two clusters of storms, one just north of the Ohio border and another that dove down from the thumb area to around Port Huron.

Port Huron would have been to my north. So it must if been that south band. Must of had some impressive heights to see it up this way. It was quite a bit of lightning nonetheless. I'm jealous.

Yeah it was the one that went into Ontario.

Poor Hawkeye ain't gonna get much sleep tonight lol.  CR right in the midst of the action, and may stay that way all night long.  Hope you guys out that way built an ark this afternoon, cause you're gon' need it.  

I finished with 3.97" of rain.  A band of 5-6" fell just to my south and west.  You were right about my sleep.  I only got a couple hours and I'm really feeling it now.  We did not have any water issues.  The first 2 inches fell in an hour, but it took the rest of the night and morning to get the second 2 inches.  This event brings my June total up to 7.07", so, again, June is well above avg.  The last decade has given us a series of very wet Junes.

Despite all the rain and storms, severe was again very limited.  This seems to be the year without severe.

I finished with 3.97" of rain.  A band of 5-6" fell just to my south and west.  You were right about my sleep.  I only got a couple hours and I'm really feeling it now.  We did not have any water issues.  The first 2 inches fell in an hour, but it took the rest of the night and morning to get the second 2 inches.  This event brings my June total up to 7.07", so, again, June is well above avg.  The last decade has given us a series of very wet Junes.

Despite all the rain and storms, severe was again very limited.  This seems to be the year without severe.

Glad you escaped the worst of the heavy rains.  That's still quite a bit, even more than we had last week lol.

Picked up 1.04" here.  Was a little worried we'd get slammed the way the radar looked early this morning, but luckily the heaviest stayed away.

Archived