joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2016 General Discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a bit hotter than that for the 10th, Detroit/Chicago/Indy would all be in the low 90s and the only spots with 70s are northern MN, everyone else is mid 80s or better. N MO/S IA/C IL would be in the mid 90s with pretty good dewpoints as well.

Let's hope that heat moderates.

Its a bit hotter than that for the 10th, Detroit/Chicago/Indy would all be in the low 90s and the only spots with 70s are northern MN, everyone else is mid 80s or better. N MO/S IA/C IL would be in the mid 90s with pretty good dewpoints as well.

Maybe I was looking the 0z run then.

Barely made it above 60 here today. I have a space heater on in the living room right now. The wind is really making it feel like mid April.

Best severe wx day of the season should hit on Friday, although that's not saying much. No watches or warnings around here yet this season and it's already June 1. Yikes.

Although the weekend looks unsettled, next week looks top shelf©.

Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.

Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 56.

Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 74.

Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 53.

Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 76.

Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 55.

Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.

If we can't get storms/severe, we might as well get Chamber of Commerce weather.

A line of storms moved through from 2 to 4am.  It was another garden-variety storm, with moderate lightning/thunder and 30 mph wind.  The dewpoint was only in the 50s, so another ten degrees would have helped.  A little kink in the line kept the heavy rain going longer over Cedar Rapids, so I was one of the big winners with 0.91".    The garden-variety storms of late are nice, but I hope to see something more robust at some point.

Detroit's been on a decent streak of 80*+ highs and sunshine.

Haven't seen a sub-80*F high at DTW since 5/24/16.

But that looks to end after today as we segway back into the god awful weather pattern we've been dealing with for the past 3 years (hopefully it's only temporary).

0.36" of rain this morning.  

Shot a long time lapse the other night of the stars and milky way up by Dubuque.

That was an incredible time lapse!

I didn't realize eastern Iowa was dark enough to see the Milky Way. I've only seen in once in person last summer in the Cascade Mountains.

About to get hit by an isolated cell that came out of nowhere. 

Only 73 for the high today - early with 60s all afternoon.

Edit: Cell just skimmed my location. Took a right turn and headed into Waukegan.

Archived